Broadfoot and "Jig"

gsa

Didn't say McCulloch played well.

Edu was shameful today - when the team needed a midfielder to step up and grab the game by the scruff of the neck he was hiding. He stands in places he knows he won't get the ball, so he can't get the blame for making mistakes. It's cowardly, and there is no place for it.

Are you for real? "Jig" is the master of cowardly football. Only looks for the ball when he is deep inside his own half, always seems to be 5 yards away from opposition midfielders but it's o.k because he is "big lee" one of the boys and that is what seems to count for mccoist.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But you certainly noticed we were 2 midfielders down by the 15th, surely? Davis and McCulloch did nothing.

McCulloch was the only one I saw complete most of his passes, I'm not arguing he was amazing, I'm not even arguing he was good.

But I do think he was the best out of a bad bunch.

McCulloch was the only one I saw complete most of his passes, I'm not arguing he was amazing, I'm not even arguing he was good.

But I do think he was the best out of a bad bunch.

His positioning was awful and he didn't make a single challenge. He never offered himself for a pass and always looked hurried in possession and played passes straight back where they came from most of the time.

Edu was hassling Killie players, making tackles and driving forward.

Davis was shite again.

His positioning was awful and he didn't make a single challenge. He never offered himself for a pass and always looked hurried in possession and played passes straight back where they came from most of the time.

Edu was hassling Killie players, making tackles and driving forward.

Davis was shite again.

Didn't see that, at all.

But opinions are like arseholes and all that...

McCulloch has an incredible ability to seemingly make everyone around him very average.

He wasn't the worst performer today admittedly, but why is it every time he starts getting back into the team our midfield goes from bad to worse?

I'm astounded that after 3yrs of trying it, we still try McCulloch and Edu together in midfield. It clearly does not work!

It isn't even Edu that's the problem. With him on the pitch our midfield had a bit of energy about it and a bit of drive, that was lost when he went off and the midfield went static and, quite frankly, shite.

McCulloch has been garbage for years, but certain fans seem to think thats ok because he they think he puts himself about and plays 'for the jersey' - which is pish on both accounts. Even if he was playing for just the jersey and was on an amateur contract he still wouldn't be good enough. Ally McCoist's reign as Rangers manager will stand or fall a whole lot on whether he wakes up and actually starts seeing players as others see them and stop picking his old pals. They aren't your pals anymore Ally, they're you're underlings.

Broadfeet, well he tries I suppose but the guy isn't a right back never mind a left back so you can't blame him for being out of position. He's an average at best footballer who, if all things were equal, would still be playing at St Midden or some such club.

Either of these players though, it's not really their fault they are pish now is it?

Davis can't control a midfield on his own as the creative spark he needs to be when McCulloch and Edu in the side, and so his performance suffers, the midfield is shite and the whole team suffer. It's noticeable that most of his best peformances this season have been when Naismith has been playing well.

I am in utter disbelief that these two guys are playing. Broadfoot is garbage, i have never come away from a game saying that he was brilliant. I think i can count on 1 hand the amount of games he had had pass marks. Someone said he did well covering in for centre backs. BOLLOCKS. thats not his job and killies right midfielder got far too much time on the ball. And exactly the reason st mirren scored the goal at ibrox to make it 1-1

Mculloch is another who i cannot fathom why he is getting a game especially in the same team as edu (for the record im not edus biggest fan but has done slightly better this year)absolutly no creativity in there. i just dont think lee has it in him anymore.

I know i pick on these 2 when the whole team were woeful today but at least with the others you know they have a chance of putting in a good performance. My favourite player for years- David NEEDS to get himself together and i feel we are missing wee naisy real bad

Are you for real? "Jig" is the master of cowardly football. Only looks for the ball when he is deep inside his own half, always seems to be 5 yards away from opposition midfielders but it's o.k because he is "big lee" one of the boys and that is what seems to count for mccoist.

Are you reading my posts?

I'm not saying McCulloch is good player. I'm saying he played better than Edu.

These two will cost Ally his job.

McCulloch, as a defensive midfielder, offers no cover to his midfield or his defence and acts only as a shirtfiller. He has no pace, no positional awareness, no control over the ball, no passing ability and even shirks tackles or aerial challenges.

Broadfoot, again, offers nothing. His positional sense is woeful, his crossing even worse. The man couldn't pass wind and I've seen milk turn quicker, a truely awful footballer who should be left in the wild to fend for himself.

Get the finger out and do something about these imposters Ally, or your job is bye byes.

That isn't to say there aren't other culprits:

Steve Davis has been pretending to be a footballer for the last few weeks and he needs a right good booting up the arse. He isn't a captain, isn't my captain, and I won't support him until he gives me something other than a 360 degree turn on the touchline.

Whittaker is just shite, nothing needs to be said.

Kane Hemmings isn't good enough.

Maurice Edu, the only midfielder to impose himself on the game and do anything worthwhile is taken off for a player who has shown nothing so far in his Rangers career. Another fantastic performance from Edu in a midfield that consisted of himself and no others.

John Fleck is a better player than Steve Davis. John Fleck can keep the ball and dictate play, John Fleck can pick a pass, John Fleck can run with the ball. Davis offers nothing as a midfielder with pressure on his shoulders. Force Davis to deliver in your run of the mill games and he goes missing.

/rant

Bit harsh on Hemmings fuck sake the guys been out with a serious injury since August and has hardly any experience so to say he isn't good enough is a bit over the top. Particularly on a day when noone played well.

These two will cost Ally his job.

McCulloch, as a defensive midfielder, offers no cover to his midfield or his defence and acts only as a shirtfiller. He has no pace, no positional awareness, no control over the ball, no passing ability and even shirks tackles or aerial challenges.

Broadfoot, again, offers nothing. His positional sense is woeful, his crossing even worse. The man couldn't pass wind and I've seen milk turn quicker, a truely awful footballer who should be left in the wild to fend for himself.

Get the finger out and do something about these imposters Ally, or your job is bye byes.

That isn't to say there aren't other culprits:

Steve Davis has been pretending to be a footballer for the last few weeks and he needs a right good booting up the arse. He isn't a captain, isn't my captain, and I won't support him until he gives me something other than a 360 degree turn on the touchline.

Whittaker is just shite, nothing needs to be said.

Kane Hemmings isn't good enough.

Maurice Edu, the only midfielder to impose himself on the game and do anything worthwhile is taken off for a player who has shown nothing so far in his Rangers career. Another fantastic performance from Edu in a midfield that consisted of himself and no others.

John Fleck is a better player than Steve Davis. John Fleck can keep the ball and dictate play, John Fleck can pick a pass, John Fleck can run with the ball. Davis offers nothing as a midfielder with pressure on his shoulders. Force Davis to deliver in your run of the mill games and he goes missing.

/rant

You were making some good reasonable points until you said Fleck is a better player than Steve Davis. :lol:

What the fuck did Broadfoot do wrong today? Why the criticism of him? He was fine today.

Not his fault the left hand side of our team was made of right footed players.

His passing was poor, an understatement probably, which contributed to us having little or no chance building from the back properly. Constantly closed down every time he got it from McGregor or another defender because he danced around it trying to get it 'set' on his right foot. Playing on the left should never be that much of a hinderence to a professional footballer. The major thing he did wrong was every time he did his little dance to get the ball onto his 'preferred foot' and got closed down, he shouted at someone else. Yeah movement ahead of him was poor but you can only use that as an excuse if you have the ball under control in the first place.