Bendiksen

LegendofCoop

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what happens when the manager playes him and we lose ? - Who would be a manager !?

I think this is where we miss the reserve league - other teams have no choice but to bring in kids We have more of a choice in our squad and more of an expectation of winning and that is often less conducive to bringing inexperienced players in.

Handed Ashley Coles arse to him against Chelsea looked good when he came on against Blackpool again impressive tonight.

I think he is agreat prospect and seems as thought he is finally getting his injuries behind him.

Worth a start no but should definitely be an option from the bench.

Really do like him.

ALLY McCOIST saw Thomas Bendiksen score his first goal for Rangers in Germany - then revealed he is closing in on a new deal with the youngster to keep him at Ibrox.

The Norwegian youngster levelled with 20 minutes of tonight's friendly with Hamburg left before the hosts won the game 2-1 in the latter stages.

But Bendiksen's strike gave the manager another reason to smile on an evening when his inexperienced side gave a decent showing against one of the Bundesliga's biggest clubs.

Bendiksen is out of contract in the summer but Gers have been in negotiations to extend his stay in Glasgow.

And with the midfielder happy to remain where he is, McCoist is optimistic an agreement can be struck.

He said: "I'm delighted for Thomas after his goal. He's had a lot of problems with injuries and hasn't got as many games as he would have hoped.

"But hopefully that's him getting there now because he's a great lad and he just wants to play football.

"He's a terrific trainer and a mean player too so if we can keep him fit and keep him ticking over, hopefully he'll do well for us.

"We've been talking to Thomas and his agent for the last two or three weeks about a new deal because we're very, very keen to do one with them.

"There's something on the table and I'm very hopeful, given he is keen to stay, that we can do something there."

The thing is, there does seem to be a criticism that Scottish youngsters aren't particularly great on the ball.

When you look at the three boys I've mentioned above (Bendiksen isn't Scottish I know), they are all fantastic with the ball at their feet.

We are shooting ourselves in the foot by not using them. It's an odd bit of praise/criticism at the same time.

Bendiksen, McCabe, Perry, McMillan....

We have some cracking youngsters at Rangers just now, it's just a pity that the management aren't forthcoming in using them over the old guard most of the time.

wylde Perry hemmings and alouko all played on Saturday all under 22. fleck also came on. I am not sure that's not enough youngsters. perhaps to many.