Why Ally lined up like he did today

plymouthranger

Watching the games and seeing mcculloch line up speaks for itself. Do you anjoy watching rangers with the likes of him and broadfoot playing? Do you honestly believe that if ally carries on picking the players he has and playing this type of football we will have a good season?

Pull your head out of the sand for fucksake. Is it good enough to say we are beating teams that are barely above amateur level when we have players on £15,000 a week producing utter dross week after week?

As I said in my last post, people like you have been constant in your moaning about certain players, certain tactics and our style of play over the past three years always proclaiming that doom is just around the corner if we don't change our ways. Three league title later and we are still waiting for any of your proclamations of doom to actually come true.

And don't even bother playing the pull your head out of the sand card. I'm not daft. I know that McCulloch and Broadfoot aren't good enough for Rangers. I know that our football is poor to watch. But at the end of the day, we are sitting four points clear at the top of the league and have only lost one league game all season. That's a perfectly acceptable place to be when you look at how bad we have been some weeks.

Maybe you are just a natural pessimist, but I'm not. So until one of these doomsday proclamations that you are always on here predicting are just around the corner happen, I'm not going to come on the internet and bitch and moan just for the sake of it.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your a fucking idiot. Do you think the standard of our football is acceptable? Are you happy that we play the way we do as long as we finish a point above celtic every year? Is that the summit of your ambition?

You can't even spell argument so it's little wonder you are not very good at making one.

I make a better argument than you do. At least I can put my point across without resorting to swearing and being pedantic about spelling. You are giving off the impression of being pretty angry today. It's almost as if you woke up this morning hoping Rangers would drop points in a difficult away game and are now pissed off that it didn't happen.

And it's "You're a fucking idiot." People in glass houses and all that ;)

Did not like today's starting 11 and the first half was simply dreadful. Replacing Bartley with Bendikson proved a good move, but we really are a one paced non creative bunch without Aluko although Wylde gives us something at times. Jelavic needs support and another striker.

When we finished strongly last season it happened when we played two up front + a winger and McCulloch was not in the team.

One reason for this bad spell is the form of Davis who is just so poor now. He looks like a different player recently. No spark at all. He should be a sub to give him a jolt. No more Bartley and McCulloch in midfield please as it is not a winning combination. Both are too slow and cumbersome.

We need to up our pace and get much more creative - quickly.

Did not like today's starting 11 and the first half was simply dreadful. Replacing Bartley with Bendikson proved a good move, but we really are a one paced non creative bunch without Aluko although Wylde gives us something at times. Jelavic needs support and another striker.

When we finished strongly last season it happened when we played two up front + a winger and McCulloch was not in the team.

One reason for this bad spell is the form of Davis who is just so poor now. He looks like a different player recently. No spark at all. He should be a sub to give him a jolt. No more Bartley and McCulloch in midfield please as it is not a winning combination. Both are too slow and cumbersome.

I don't know what's going on with Davis' just now. He's in dreadful form. Is his mind elsewhere? Is it complacency because there is no real competition for his place? Is the burden of being captain affecting his performances?

Whatever it is it's something that McCoist needs to get his head around quickly. Because we need a player of Davis quality to be performing as we know he can.

At the end of the day we have already gone to traditionally difficult places in Tynecastle, Pittodrie, Tannadice & Easter Road and our record reads:

P4 W4 D0 L0 GF7 A1

Internet 'experts' will always moan about how we play, and even if he did alter the style I suspect that there would still be people moaning, but our away form, and in particular those results speak for themselves.

and Fir Park too, which we'd struggled at before last season. Also, worth noting that in every season we've won a league game at those 5 grounds and away to celtic (so all 6) we've also won the title. It's only happened in 6 previous seasons - Champions every time.

I make a better argument than you do. At least I can put my point across without resorting to swearing and being pedantic about spelling. You are giving off the impression of being pretty angry today. It's almost as if you woke up this morning hoping Rangers would drop points in a difficult away game and are now pissed off that it didn't happen.

Fair enough, I think it's fair to say I richly deserved that.

:lol: Gsa firmly put in his place.

Watching the games and seeing mcculloch line up speaks for itself. Do you anjoy watching rangers with the likes of him and broadfoot playing? Do you honestly believe that if ally carries on picking the players he has and playing this type of football we will have a good season?

Pull your head out of the sand for fucksake. Is it good enough to say we are beating teams that are barely above amateur level when we have players on £15,000 a week producing utter dross week after week?

We're sitting pretty at the top, going through a bit of a rough patch and that stage happens every season. 2 months ago we were being entertained with the kind of football we had hoped to see. Attacking, free flowing get-out-of-your-seat football. Skelping taigs like nobodies business. We've had our lead at the top cut considerably, barring a couple of stone wall penalty shouts and players forgetting about the offside rule we would have had a more comfortable lead. If history has taught us anything it's that trying to play passing, attractive football in the highlands when it's pissing down will ultimately fail. A possession-based football philosophy is meaningless in the SPL; ask Paul le Guen and Tony Mowbray where trying to mimic Barcalonian football against a physical Scottish team on a poor surface gets you. A runners up spot or worse. You have to grind results out and work hard to retain titles, however I am like everyone else concerned about our home form. As far as I'm concerned any win will do until January when we can regroup.

First and foremost lads, 2-0 away to Hibs is a good/great result in anyones books. Anyone saying that Hibs are poor etc. should realise that a manager first home match in charge, no matter what team he's got, will up their game. Playing it "safe" and going for experience over flair isn't going to win any plaudits, but Ally would of been hounded by our fans (you know which ones)if he'd opted to play Fleck, Bendiksen and co. and we'd lost.

Yes we didn't play like Barcelona, but 3 points away at Easter Road is always a good result. The fact their new manager was winning his previous match for them shows they'd get their heads up for the game, perhaps just perhaps, our manager got his tactics spot on to nullify their threat by going for a more physical but yes aesthetically pleasing midfield.

Super Ally :sherlock:

well said

Your a fucking idiot. Do you think the standard of our football is acceptable? Are you happy that we play the way we do as long as we finish a point above celtic every year? Is that the summit of your ambition?

You can't even spell argument so it's little wonder you are not very good at making one.

Stop being a self righteous arse.

At the end of the day we have already gone to traditionally difficult places in Tynecastle, Pittodrie, Tannadice & Easter Road and our record reads:

P4 W4 D0 L0 GF7 A1

Internet 'experts' will always moan about how we play, and even if he did alter the style I suspect that there would still be people moaning, but our away form, and in particular those results speak for themselves.

Spot on. (tu)

As I said in my last post, people like you have been constant in your moaning about certain players, certain tactics and our style of play over the past three years always proclaiming that doom is just around the corner if we don't change our ways. Three league title later and we are still waiting for any of your proclamations of doom to actually come true.

And don't even bother playing the pull your head out of the sand card. I'm not daft. I know that McCulloch and Broadfoot aren't good enough for Rangers. I know that our football is poor to watch. But at the end of the day, we are sitting four points clear at the top of the league and have only lost one league game all season. That's a perfectly acceptable place to be when you look at how bad we have been some weeks.

Maybe you are just a natural pessimist, but I'm not. So until one of these doomsday proclamations that you are always on here predicting are just around the corner happen, I'm not going to come on the internet and bitch and moan just for the sake of it.

Do huniliating exits from Europe fulfill the doom alluded to?

Do huniliating exits from Europe fulfill the doom alluded to?

We lost to Kaunas in 08 and went on to do the double. We went out of Europe at the first opportunity in 2002 and ended up winning the treble.

Exits from Europe don't ruin seasons, losing league championships do (tu)

We lost to Kaunas in 08 and went on to do the double. We went out of Europe at the first opportunity in 2002 and ended up winning the treble.

To be needlessly provocative, is it such a great achievement to win two horse races?

Progress in Europe would have much greater meaning, surely.

Does that include winning the European Cup-Winners Cup season? :craphead:

Continued exits from Europe will continue to decline the status of our club. We cannot afford another 10-15m lost from poor performances in Europe. Prepare for same next season as we are still as bad as we were at start of this season. Some of the worst football I have ever seen from a Rangers team.

We win the league, that's the priority, that's the measure of success - Euro runs are simply a bonus.

Euro runs are needed for the clubs finance and to bring a good standard of player. If we dont do well in Europe each season the players will get worse standard as we flounder financially. Wake up!

Spot on mate (tu)

We found out last season that jelavic cant play the lone striker role. Surely after getting embarrassed at the piggery last season amongst other disappointments in that spell he realises?

Hibs tired, got sloppy and then Ally brought on the likes of Bendiksen. It worked, had they started the game we might not of won. First half Hibs literally weren't interested in leaving their own half, but we ground them down.

Put it this way, if a team lines up to nullify your attack (which we all know is limited at the moment) you'd rather see players like Bendiksen on the bench so they have the option to come on and do damage when players are tiring.

Had we started with such players and it was 0-0 with 20minutes to go, do you really think a bench consisting of McCulloch, Bartley etc. would provide inspiration?

Either Ally got very lucky, or he got it spot on. Today, I think Super did the latter

I understand about picking a team and system depending on location and opposition which is why I was and am baffled with the thinking behind his approach; Hibs record this year is abysmal especially at home,especially on the attacking front.The plus of the game was that eventually he brought on a creative,energetic player who energised some of the team into a better tempo.

I understand about picking a team and system depending on location and opposition which is why I was and am baffled with the thinking behind his approach; Hibs record this year is abysmal especially at home,especially on the attacking front.The plus of the game was that eventually he brought on a creative,energetic player who energised some of the team into a better tempo.

St Johnston showed what can happen when a new manager comes in, why are hibs different with this.