Anyone else just a little but frustrated?

robertkay

As absurd as it sounds, I hate ranting...especially about Rangers.

However certain things get to me. Things like:

Kyle Bartley playing up front when we have players who have trained that position not even on the bench picking up a wage to be snubbed

Sasa Papac playing in midfield when we have Australian Player of the Year getting overlooked, and other prospects such as Fleck getting a raw deal

Lee McCulloch getting picked....I really don't feel that I need an explanation for that

The shoehorning of 2 left backs into one team, and a left winger at right mid to accomodate this.

I could go on, but I won't.

I just want to know if it's just me that sees that McCoist at times looks utterly clueless when picking his team to play?

(To avoid doubt, I love McCoist and want him to do well, but it's not rocket science to avoid some of the mistakes that are costing us every week at the moment, and have blown the biggest advantage I can ever remember in a league title race, as well as being out of 3 competitions before Christmas).

I just want to know if it's just me that sees that McCoist at times looks utterly clueless when picking his team to play?

I never been so baffled my a managers team formations and player choices. I have never been so frustrated by the style of football we play. Totally clueless.

He obviously feels that the players he is putting in those positions are better that the ones who naturally play there.

I don't agree with them, but he is our Manager and i'll support him until that is no longer the case.

I am with you on this one Si. (tu):beer1:

unfortunately ally is clueless when it comes to tactics if the scum were not as bad as they were at the beginning of the season then ally would have struggled. ffs we have been played off the park by most of the opposition doing basic stuff like passing and moving this season 2nd half against the scum apart, we have huffed and puffed and scraped some wins that earlier on just papered over the cracks.and if the scum win this up and coming game against us then go top after the lead we had then i think that questions have to be asked of all the management team and not just ally.also we will have to look at how we train and practice with the ball as our freekicks,throw,ins shooting and passing is abysmal at times. :crabflute: p.s still think we will win against the scum.

This is it.

However it is a tad concerning that Papac is considered a better midfield option than natural CM's we have. I've no idea if McKay is good or bad, only time will tell, but it's one hell of a snub a LB playing in a position you play, ahead of you.

I don't see the point in signing these players if they aren't deemed good enough to start ahead of players playing well out of position. Did we not scout them? Assess them?

I completely agree, especially with regard McKay who I have seen play dozens of times (I live in Aus). I firmly believe that given a chance, he will prove himself to be arguably our best player. Whether he gets that chance is another matter.

This is a great point. It was Walter's failing as well (But I suppose he could make it work).

Thats a good point mate, but it was partly the reason when Mr Whyte took over i would like to have seen a new regime in the management role. You just kinda knew Ally would look at it and think, it worked for Walter so why change it! Rangers remind me of an amatuer side at times, when the players who are shall we say pals of the manager are fit they play. Doesnt matter what is happening they play.

I mean Edu has been better than Davo in recent weeks yet was dropped for Jig wacko.gif that was baffling. Ally is the manager though and we cant change that only Mr Whyte can so i woild urge everyone gets behind the team. Tbh i imagine we would have gubbed St Mirren had we kept 11 on the park as we had started fairly well and played some nice stuff. We wouldnt even be having these discussions the now

anyone who is a proper footballer at ibrox just now must be very very frustrated.i never thought i'd see a day when rangers would play so many defensively minded players against what are basically poor spl sides.our manager thinks we are playing against first class opposition and tries to defend and hit on the break even at home.you really couldnt make it up.i said at the start of the season that players like whittaker, mcculloch, edu etc would get him the sack,but ally is also contributing to his own downfall big style

The balance is so poor at times. Papac and Bartley in central midfield really baffled me. Seems like McCoist hasn't got the balls to try something new and continues to crowbar his pals into the team. It has cost.

It's almost as if he doesn't trust his own judgement when things are going wrong, that he goes back to selecting Walter's old players in Walter's old formation.

It's rediculous, Super - as much as I love ya - you're just making things worse as it is your negativity that first got you into this mess. Even more negativity will not get you out of it!

As absurd as it sounds, I hate ranting...especially about Rangers.

However certain things get to me. Things like:

Kyle Bartley playing up front when we have players who have trained that position not even on the bench picking up a wage to be snubbed

Sasa Papac playing in midfield when we have Australian Player of the Year getting overlooked, and other prospects such as Fleck getting a raw deal

Lee McCulloch getting picked....I really don't feel that I need an explanation for that

The shoehorning of 2 left backs into one team, and a left winger at right mid to accomodate this.

I could go on, but I won't.

:beer1: I must rant a lot about the Gers because my rep is -7.

It's the right back position I'm worried about Wed night,not left back.

As I've said b4,Whitts is ok going up the park,but total pish at right back.Broadfoot isn't much better,so we require a RB in the Jan window,who ? Fuck knows. :beer1:

(To avoid doubt, I love McCoist and want him to do well, but it's not rocket science to avoid some of the mistakes that are costing us every week at the moment, and have blown the biggest advantage I can ever remember in a league title race, as well as being out of 3 competitions before Christmas).

I'd love to see the training sessions we run, honestly.

I'd hate to think that personal relationships come into it but I can't rule it out. Ally's only human, there will be people he dislikes more than others.

Put simply, not every decision I see is backed up in a football sense on the park.