Jelavic Flattered by Reds Link

DamienM855

Sought-after Rangers striker Nikica Jelavic admits he is flattered by speculation linking him to Liverpool and finds the idea of an Anfield move appealing.

The Gers top-scorer is believed to have attracted interest from the Premier League after impressing at Ibrox, with QPR also thought to be monitoring him.

Croatian Jelavic, who is contracted in Glasgow until summer 2014, admits joining Liverpool would be an attractive prospect but says he knows nothing of their reported interest.

"Of course it is nice to see your name being linked with that kind of club," he told Slobodna Dalmacija. "But I don't know if the rumour is true.

"Liverpool is a big club and anybody would like to play at Anfield but I'm just trying to stay focused on my game."

Speculation

Jelavic refuses to be distracted by speculation surrounding him, insisting he is concentrating on doing well for Gers.

The 26-year-old, who joined Rangers from Rapid Vienna in 2010, says he is happy at Ibrox but would be open to a move if the SPL reigning champions decided to sell him.

He added: "Every day I read in the papers that some new club is coming to get me but it's funny as I don't know anything about it.

"So I don't mind if a day passes without me looking at the papers. I just want to stay focused for Rangers.

"I love it in Glasgow. I'm contracted here for another two-and-a-half years.

"But, if the club were to sell me to get the money they need, then that would suit me too."

Source: http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11669/7410952/Jelavic-flattered-by-Reds-link

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't really believe that anyone would be bitter about him leaving. When he signed, he was signed to sell on at a profit a year or two later. His goals fired us to the title last year and although his form has been more patchy this season he has still managed 14 goals. If we can get £8-10m for him then we have done some good business, provided Ally gets to reinvest some of it in the squad

Can't really believe that anyone would be bitter about him leaving. When he signed, he was signed to sell on at a profit a year or two later. His goals fired us to the title this year and although his form has been more patchy this season he has still managed 14 goals. If we can get £8-10m for him then we have done some good business, provided Ally gets to reinvest some of it in the squad

Spot on (tu)

That last paragraph in the OP says it all for me, (if true, of course. The press can get it wrong or mistranslation but ... )

He appears to be happy either way, which means he's not as committed as he once was and if your not committed to the cause, then you will never give your all.

What's with all the Jealvic hatred ?

He has stated in that interview that he is focused on us so why doubt him?

It's not like he is Boyd.

All strikers go through a bad spells especially when there is no service from midfield.

Look at how we have played as a whole its not just Jela that was off form.

Don't get me wrong, I would love him to stay, I believe that an on-form Jelavic would be a great addition to any team and an essential part of ours, however, should he see his career elsewhere then I would wish him all the best and see him on his way.

I want players who are committed to The Rangers, I want them to have a passion for the club and it's fans and, most of all, I want them to have desire to win and the knowledge that playing for us will provide that.

Money grabbing cunt? doh

Is this the pish we're going to put up with, like we did with Boyd?

They were right about boyd but We always knew Jelavic wanted to go the the EPL. Boyd left for the championship and look where he is now?

plus Boyd was supposed to be a "Rangers man".