Jelavic Flattered by Reds Link

DamienM855

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont get all the jela hatred, just like a didnt/dont get the jelavic man love.

he is a very good player on his day, last season was excellent this season poor(could be linked to the teams overall form).

i would be flattered if a big epl team were linked with me(wouldnt leave but thats because i was born a ger).

jelavic doesnt have an emotional attachment to the club like the fans, he didnt grow up a bear.

also in this point in time nearly all epl clubs qould be considered bigger than us. nowadays size is measured by what you can pay and spend. not how many fans you have or how much you win and how often.

nowhere in that article does he say he wants away from rangers. he said he is happy here and the club will decide whether he stays or goes and he will just focus on playing for rangers.

wind yer neck in ffs

Am i the only person that thinks Jelavic is being treated very unfairly by some of our fans here. He has always said that he would want to go to the EPL. Liverpool are a massive club, will pay massive wages, massive support and if thats what he wants then fair enough..... If we get the right money for him and can get a reasonable replacement then fine... good luck to you Nikica... you have given us some great memories and i would that we have given you some too..

He should be flattered.

I'm the last person in the world to say flattering things about Liverpool FC but they are way, way, way to good for this one dimensional pit pony.

One dimensional pit pony?

Do you even watch football?

The fact that all these clubs are intrested sugests to me that everyone else is clearly seeing something you aint seeing.

Some people need to open their eyes a wee bit. Jelavic always said he wanted to progress his career. Yes he hasn't been on top form this season but I doubt that a player who wants to move to a bigger league is going to play shit and have a stinking attitude which would be detrimental to his cause.

Whether he sticks with us till summer and helps fire us to 4 in a row, or leaves so we can invest some of that money to buy other players who will fire us to 4 in a row, he has my blessing.

:Jelavic:

Liverpool want Darren Bent so its WBA QPR and one other for Jela but iv asked again and been old again dont expect him to play for Rangers again. I still hope its wrong

Whats the odds on Eck wanting Jela, should Bent move to Liverpool? Which i dont think he will btw.

The guy on SSN at the transfer section bit was talking about Liverpool's interest in Jelavic and he said that Jela told a croatian newspaper that he is flattered that these teams are interested but he has stressed his comitment to Rangers. Hope the big man stays!

Some of these comments are hilarious :lol:

He's happy to stay, but would be fine leaving if we needed the money, yep, what a money grabbing bastard doh

That is grossly unfair. He's a pro not a fan. If you were offered a job with more money, wouldn't you take it?

People are far too sentimental about players. They are commodoties. Clubs use players, players use clubs, supporters love players then turn against them and want them out. There is NO loyalty, its cut throat, and no way should a player be criticised for doing what is best for him.

The guy on SSN at the transfer section bit was talking about Liverpool's interest in Jelavic and he said that Jela told a croatian newspaper that he is flattered that these teams are interested but he has stressed his comitment to Rangers. Hope the big man stays!

Whilst he is a Rangers player, he can hardly say anything else. Can you imagine the meltdown on here had he came out and said he hasnt tried a leg because he has been choking to leave for months and cant wait to leave?

That is grossly unfair. He's a pro not a fan. If you were offered a job with more money, wouldn't you take it?

People are far too sentimental about players. They are commodoties. Clubs use players, players use clubs, supporters love players then turn against them and want them out. There is NO loyalty, its cut throat, and no way should a player be criticised for doing what is best for him.

I wasn't calling him a money grabbing bastard, I was having a go at the people that were. He's considering a move to one of the biggest clubs in possibly the best league on the planet. How anyone could be bitter about him leaving despite saying he's happy to stay is beyond me.

I wasn't calling him a money grabbing bastard, I was having a go at the people that were. He's considering a move to one of the biggest clubs in possibly the best league on the planet. How anyone could be bitter about him leaving despite saying he's happy to stay is beyond me.

Apologies my friend. My mistake.

Agree with every word. (tu) (tu) (tu)