• Kerkar
    • McMillan
    • Wylde

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aluko was great to watch today and with a bit more sharpness up front we really could and should have scored a few more.

Edu played well and dominated the midfield, but you would expect that given the standard of the opposition.

Decent little cameo from Kerkar, showed some good vision and a nice finish, even though it was off his shin.

One aspect that did worry me though was the performance of Goian, I thought he was rank rotten today and was beaten far too easily both in the air and on the deck.

Professional display and result, but at the end of the day it was only Arbroath and we have much tougher tests to come than that.

While Edu & Aluko were great, I also thought Fleck played well, although I think he is better just a little farther forward, the position he played last week when he came on. Well pleased with everyone today. :)

Yes I was surprised that he played further back while Edu was given the freedom to surge forward.

ALLY MCCOIST was delighted to see his side progress to the fifth round of the Scottish Cup after an impressive 4-0 victory at Gayfield.

And the manager admitted that seeing Salim Kerkar score his first Gers goal made the result even more pleasing.

The Algerian, who signed for the Light Blues in August 2010, struggled to get first-team action under previous boss Walter Smith and it's been the same again this season.

But McCoist has praised the player's patience and work ethic and hopes he can now build on his super strike against the Red Lichties as Rangers target a fourth consecutive league title and a run in the Cup.

He said: "I really was absolutely delighted for Salim.

"He took his goal really well and he's waited long enough for his chance.

"He came in at the back stick and it was a great finish.

"You can see that he has built up a good rapport with the Rangers fans and they were pleased for him as was I."

After a tough start to the game in which Arbroath created a couple of good goalscoring opportunities Rangers shifted through the gears and McCoist believes they were worthy winners.

He said: "I think the most important thing was how we approached the game and our attitude was very, very good.

"The start was always going to be a test as they will want to see if we are up for it.

"They had a wee chance when Carlos slipped and another one from a deflected shot which came off Edu.

"But we had chances to score and I thought we ran out deserved winners in the end and took our goals well.

"Our first from David was important and it was a lovely finish.

"He had a couple of chances before that actually, especially when Sone squared it back to him, but that's the one thing about David, he will always get on the end of things and he had a good game today.

"Their two centre halves are uncompriming but it was a good battle and I thought both Nikica and David worked hard for us.

"It wasn't a surprise to see Jela take his goal so well, we know the quality he has."

There were injury concerns throughout the 90 minutes with Mo Edu and Kyle Bartley taking knocks but McCoist believes both should be ok.

He added: "At this moment in time they are both fine.

"The concern for Kyle Bartley was for his ankle and as soon as it happened we got him off and the same was for Mo Edu.

"They both had ice put on but hopefully, and we will no better tomorrow, they will be fine."

A good result which will do the confidence the world of good, no sense in nitpicking anything about today, and I believe that every time we have met Arbroath in the cup we have went on to win it, a good omen.

Edu was my MOTM. I thought he was excellent.

Aluko ran him close and had a good game.

Another goal for Healy although he could have had 3 or 4.

A goal for Jelavic.

A goal for Kerkar.

Through to the next round with relative ease.

Good day all round.

Edu was my MOTM. I thought he was excellent.

Aluko ran him close and had a good game.

Another goal for Healy although he could have had 3 or 4.

A goal for Jelavic.

A goal for Kerkar.

Through to the next round with relative ease.

Good day all round.

Edu was great today and it put to bed the arguments regarding Edu or McCulloch. When on form, Edu is a far more mobile option. He must be the fittest guy at Ibrox

A good day all round. No point in nitpicking and we all know what Ally needs to do in the window. Did I mention David Healy is mince?

Healy did well today. Apart from fluffing those initial couple of chances he worked hard, got himself in some great positions, scored, set up one, good passing and closing down.

I'm not going to argue about it anymore as it's obvious that some posters just don 't like Healy but I believe Healy's gonna be a big player for us in the next few months so bookmark this. :)