Whyte on the way out?

MisterC

Perhaps a tad negative but i cannot see us in the group stages of the Champions League for some considerable time and that goes for any club in Scotland.

Lille

Trabzonspor

Basel

Otelul Galati

Ajax

Dynamo Zagreb

Genk

Marseille

Olympiakos

APOEL

Zenit

Victoria Plzen

BATE Borizof

All qualified for CL groups stages. We are more than capable of playing at those levels.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to wonder what kind of remit the Board allowed themselves in those days. There were warnings though; some people were not as compliant as others could appear to be: the likes of Howard Stanton, from Enic, were concerned about the transfer 'policy' over a decade ago. So, you are right to ask where some people where, and what they were doing, when executive decisions were being made to get Rangers to where it is now.

There were others, 'legends' even, who sat back and took the Murray hospitality shilling and said or did hee-haw.

Rangers men, through'n'through and all that......... :angry:

There were others, 'legends' even, who sat back and took the Murray hospitality shilling and said or did hee-haw.

Rangers men, through'n'through and all that......... :angry:

And they still kiss his arse and will not have a bad word said against him.

Lille

Trabzonspor

Basel

Otelul Galati

Ajax

Dynamo Zagreb

Genk

Marseille

Olympiakos

APOEL

Zenit

Victoria Plzen

BATE Borizof

All qualified for CL groups stages. We are more than capable of playing at those levels.

Quite a few you mention are more cash rich than us and play in far bigger leagues. The other smaller clubs i would argue come from countries where technically gifted players have always come through.

The main point being that until Rangers, the fans and indeed Scottish society changes its mentality and mindset when it comes to football, health and sport in general we will be on the outside looking in for years to come.

Lille

Trabzonspor

Basel

Otelul Galati

Ajax

Dynamo Zagreb

Genk

Marseille

Olympiakos

APOEL

Zenit

Victoria Plzen

BATE Borizof

We have been there, in the Group-Stages, in recent times. But I ask you, what chances would you give in all but one of those clubs, Marseille, getting much further in that tournament?

What the CL has done is make smaller clubs than Rangers, by good fortune of just happening to play in a country of minimum 50 million, and make what they are able to achieve well beyond, in proportion, what Rangers could even dream of achieving.

I am convinced this is one major factor, if not the most significant factor, in the current downsizing of Rangers; both in expectations, and what we could achieve if we played in a level playing field.

You can hardly blame Rangers solely for its own predicament, the tax-issue aside. There has been major investment in the stadium in the last 30 years, major investment in the marketing, major investment in training facilities, major planning in Rangers role in its local community. It would be nice if UEFA looked at the broader landscape, by that I mean the top 4 of the top 4, and considered if the level of effort that has gone on at a club like Rangers could be reciprocated by them as well.

If the CL was for the champions, the effect on the other European competitions would be enormous. I point to the current situation and consider that when Man United ended up in this season's Europa Cup, they saw it as an insult. The CL is much of what is wrong with football right now.

That would appear to be the case!

It reminds me of Derek Johnstone's time at Radio Catolica as he sat there for year-upon-year and "Ho-Ho-Ho'd" his way through their constant on-air attacks at the club he played for - never defending us but happy to take the Clyde Tarrier shilling.

I'll never forgive him for that. :angry:

whilst having no knowledge of a Mccoll takeover have said for quite some time that someone would step in and buy whyte out.whether it will be mccoll or not dont know,but think it will be sooner rather than later.

And if it isn't sooner than later, we will be where we are which is how things are in the real world.

It reminds me of Derek Johnstone's time at Radio Catolica as he sat there for year-upon-year and "Ho-Ho-Ho'd" his way through their constant on-air attacks at the club he played for - never defending us but happy to take the Clyde Tarrier shilling.

I think you are giving the big man too much credit; having listened to him ramble his way through many a phone in - I am now of the opinion he is a sandwich short of a picnic.

That 'ho-ho-ho' gets the mortgage paid; don't knock it!

UEFA have no interest in looking at our plight. We are a non entity as far as they are concerned. Their only focus is in keeping the big guns sweet so that they don't break away and form their own Association and European League.

In its present guise the CL will literally kill us off as a big club unless we strike it lucky with a crop of home grown wonderkids the way Man Utd and Fergie did in the days of Scholes, Beckham, Giggs etc.

Money has completely and utterly ruined football at all levels across Europe because the more they get the ever more reliant they become on it as they continue to spend way outwith their means.

Perhaps a tad negative but i cannot see us in the group stages of the Champions League for some considerable time and that goes for any club in Scotland.

We are not needed and not wanted hence why all the rounds and rules that are in place to ensure it is the same leagues represented year after year at the fat cat top table.

The way the "champions route" qualification there is no reason why either of the Glasgow clubs couldn't qualify as long as we keep our ranking up high enough to be seeded for the draws.

The way the "champions route" qualification there is no reason why either of the Glasgow clubs couldn't qualify as long as we keep our ranking up high enough to be seeded for the draws.

The only problem with your theory is that our ranking is plummeting meaning it is actually getting harder and harder to qualify.

:lol:

MisterC, you're a wrong 'un! How dare you wind up the poor oppressed celtc fans like this, they've been on here in their droves after an exclusive for kerryfail street! :D

Glad I wasted their time and got them frothing at the mouth :D

As for those criticising the thread, I said at the outset was something I got told but would believe it when I saw it and said to make of it what you will. Its no worse a thread than the doom and gloom threads on here or indeed those obsessing about what the other lot are up to.

I remember him having an argument on air with cooney about the sectraian education system

Glad I wasted their time and got them frothing at the mouth :D

As for those criticising the thread, I said at the outset was something I got told but would believe it when I saw it and said to make of it what you will. Its no worse a thread than the doom and gloom threads on here or indeed those obsessing about what the other lot are up to.

Ah well, I feel stupid now! :lol:

Wouldn't bother me if he left so soon as long as it's not just to any old cunt. I hope Whytes plan was to just hold the fort and hand it over to someone who can do better things.

If what I was told is true, then this is what Whyte has been doing. Holding the fort in the interim and steering the club through the turbulent waters as it were.

If what I was told is true, then this is what Whyte has been doing. Holding the fort in the interim and steering the club through the turbulent waters as it were.

This is the first time I've came back to the thread since it was first posted and haven't read the middle pages. Has anything else been speculated on?