Mervan Celik signs for Rangers

The Monk

I'm sure there will be quite a few looking at him since he looks a good prospect and can join for nothing.

Hopefully he does his homework and looks at players like Jelavic who have risen their reputation while winning medals at Rangers.

Agree mate. West Ham will likely win nothing or get into Europe.

West Ham

Fulham

Boro

All announced over a week ago as being interested

I would say us and Fulham will be favorites out of the other 2. He can go to fulham play in the premiership, but probably won't get noticed.

Or he can come here win trophies maybe play in Europe and then get a bigger move in England.

This is what these players should be looking at.

Nothing in Evening Times about us offering 'improved terms'

Unless I'm missing something ?

Well i must be missing something aswell. i read it somewhere? It couldn't have been the evening times?

Are you reading the online version that you need to register to see the full article or have you got the paper?

RANGERS manager Ally McCoist is hoping to push through a deal for Swedish Under-21 star Mervan Celik within the next 48 hours.

The Ibrox club are keen to land the highly-rated youngster and have already tabled a package to entice the 21-year-old to Glasgow.

There are a number of clubs interested in Celik – who is out of contract at GAIS and will cost around £350,000 in compensation – but Rangers are thought to be among the frontrunners at this stage.

McCoist has already told owner Craig Whyte he wants Celik and the money freed up by David Weir quitting the club this week has allowed Rangers to offer impressive terms. Celik’s agent, Hassan Cetimkaya, said: "Rangers are definitely on the list for us. Rangers are a big club who fight for trophies every season.

"That is a big thing for Mervamn when it comes to making his decision. We have a few options, but Mervan will make a decision on his future by the weekend."

Meanwhile, John Fleck’s proposed four-month loan deal to Blackpool is in the balance today after a hitch.

The youngster spent yesterday at the English Championship club waiting on the paperwork to be completed by the two clubs and is still hoping the deal can be sealed before the end of the week.

Rangers have also been linked with Bosnian international midfielder Semir Stilic.

McCoist will also have to make a decision on Estonian internationalist Enar Jaager and midfielder Jorge Claros.

It’s understood the two players made a decent impression during the 3-0 win over St Johnstone in a bounce game with right-back Jaager the more impressive of the two.

The way i was reading that is we have offered him better wages now that weir is away.