Mervan Celik signs for Rangers

The Monk

If Weir is on 10k a week he needs to be let go I'm afraid. Fleck being on 5k may be a good reason to send him on loan too.

If we are trying to sign Celik, Claros and Jaager as well as hopefully a striker then we will need people off the wage bill.

Apparently... We need to get David Weir and John Fleck off the wage bill to sign Mervan Celik.

I would have though Weir would have been on less than £5,000k a week especially since he was on a shorter contract?

Players like Ortiz, Bedoya, Healy, Kerkar, Broadfoot ect are the players who are picking up wages while not really offering much to us at the moment. That must be at least 25k of wages not really being used in the first team to any large extent.

We know the wage bill needs to be reduced by a few million £’s as Whyte outlined at the start of the season so you’d have to imagine our big earners like Davis, Edu, Whittaker, Jelavic, Greggs, Whittaker will be leaving in the summer IF clubs come in for them at a decent price. I suppose this is all linked to how the tax case goes too.

I would have though Weir would have been on less than £5,000k a week especially since he was on a shorter contract?

Players like Ortiz, Bedoya, Healy, Kerkar, Broadfoot ect are the players who are picking up wages while not really offering much to us at the moment. That must be at least 25k of wages not really being used in the first team to any large extent.

We know the wage bill needs to be reduced by a few million £’s as Whyte outlined at the start of the season so you’d have to imagine our big earners like Davis, Edu, Whittaker, Jelavic, Greggs, Whittaker will be leaving in the summer IF clubs come in for them at a decent price. I suppose this is all linked to how the tax case goes too.

I think what the article is suggesting is Weir and Fleck combined, equals £10k a week off the wage bill.

Still don't think if we do move them on, that anybody will come in. Were trimming our wage bill not replacing like for like with offering these trialists contracts.

Did ally not say moves out weren't necessary to see moves in?

"I've had a couple of meetings with Craig and he did not say to me that we needed to get players out to get players in. Like any business, that would probably be his perfect solution but he didn't say that to me and he is as aware as I am that we need to be strengthened."

http://sport.stv.tv/football/scottish-premier/rangers/292690-rangers-do-not-have-to-sell-to-buy-according-to-ally-mccoist/

This is what he said, covered both situations.

Whats happening with this guy? nor read the whole thread?

Contract been offered, he's still deciding. Apparently has offers from Prem, Championship and Germany but he said money and country means nothing to him, want to join the best team for him.

Did ally not say moves out weren't necessary to see moves in?

What do you think M? Never mind Ally. Do you think we can afford new arrivals without people going out? Bearing in mind we cannot afford the current squad we have, Mr Whyte has told us costs need cut and the owner has also said players need to go before we bring anyone else in. What do you think?

What do you think M? Never mind Ally. Do you think we can afford new arrivals without people going out? Bearing in mind we cannot afford the current squad we have, Mr whyte has told us costs need cut and the owner has also said players need to go before we bring anyone else in. What do you think?

I think between our owner, Gordon smith and ally McCoist there is no set structure and we are stumbling from comment to comment.

I don't believe a single thing I hear to be honest.

I think between our owner, Gordon smith and ally McCoist there is no set structure and we are stumbling from comment to comment.

I don't believe a single thing I hear to be honest.

Ally has admitted as much. (tu)

We dont need to be told we have no funds and players need to go, its common sense. Ally sounds like he is just trying to save face.

I honestly think his 'open minded' comment means the players have been brought to him to have look at.

Not at his request.

Just my opinion is that Claros was brought over incase the club managed to get rid of Edu (remember Sachaux president said they were encouraged by Rangers to bid again)

Just what I think