Mervan Celik signs for Rangers

The Monk

Hate these stories being leaked and supposed done deals.

Only dissapoints us if it doesn't happen which we have had lots of in relation to transfers lately.

Hopefully he has chosen us and wants to win some titles and get it round his namesake club.

Theres only one Celik in Glasgow!

Not as nearly done as we would of hoped

Rangers target Mervan Celik is close to making a decision on his future with clubs from three countries vying for his signature.

The Swedish Under-21 player is a free agent after his contract at GAIS expired and Rangers manager Ally McCoist has confirmed that he is a signing target.

Celik’s agent Hasan Cetinkaya told STV that he had conducted discussions with Rangers about a contract offer but played down reports that the player had already decided to travel to Scotland to conclude a deal.

“Rangers are very interested and we have had a conversation,” Cetinkaya confirmed.

“I have discussed conditions of a contract with them but they are not the only club interested.

“There are still three clubs very interested in Mervan. [Apart from Rangers] there is one club in Germany and one club in England.”

The English club is believed to be Championship outfit West Ham United though the identity of the German side is not known. Celik has already ruled out a move to Turkey.

Cetinkaya said that the player was still considering his options but would make a decision soon.

“It could be any day now,” he said.

Celik scored 14 goals in 27 appearances for GAIS last campaign, his fourth full season with the club. In total, he played 68 times, finding the net 18 times.

Rangers manager McCoist revealed his interest in the player last week, saying: "He is a player we have been looking at for a good while now and we have been in touch with his agent.

"He's a young player we have looked at in recent months and he has impressed us. He's one that we would like to come here.

"We have made an offer to the player's agent and we are just waiting on feedback and hopefully that can be agreed."

Celik’s former club GAIS would be due training compensation for the player, a figure STV understands would be in the region of £240,000.

Not as nearly done as we would of hoped

Rangers target Mervan Celik is close to making a decision on his future with clubs from three countries vying for his signature.

The Swedish Under-21 player is a free agent after his contract at GAIS expired and Rangers manager Ally McCoist has confirmed that he is a signing target.

Celik’s agent Hasan Cetinkaya told STV that he had conducted discussions with Rangers about a contract offer but played down reports that the player had already decided to travel to Scotland to conclude a deal.

“Rangers are very interested and we have had a conversation,” Cetinkaya confirmed.

“I have discussed conditions of a contract with them but they are not the only club interested.

“There are still three clubs very interested in Mervan. [Apart from Rangers] there is one club in Germany and one club in England.”

The English club is believed to be Championship outfit West Ham United though the identity of the German side is not known. Celik has already ruled out a move to Turkey.

Cetinkaya said that the player was still considering his options but would make a decision soon.

“It could be any day now,” he said.

Celik scored 14 goals in 27 appearances for GAIS last campaign, his fourth full season with the club. In total, he played 68 times, finding the net 18 times.

Rangers manager McCoist revealed his interest in the player last week, saying: "He is a player we have been looking at for a good while now and we have been in touch with his agent.

"He's a young player we have looked at in recent months and he has impressed us. He's one that we would like to come here.

"We have made an offer to the player's agent and we are just waiting on feedback and hopefully that can be agreed."

Celik’s former club GAIS would be due training compensation for the player, a figure STV understands would be in the region of £240,000.

Those sound like the older quotes possibly being rehashed...

This quote would make you think otherwise:

Just one or two details remain to be finalised and Celik said: “I’ll be in Scotland soon, hopefully this week, to sign for Rangers.”

Just one or two details remain to be finalised and Celik said: “I’ll be in Scotland soon, hopefully this week, to sign for Rangers.”

Did he really say that though or is this just another case of the Scottish media trying to sell stories?

I don't think it's progressed any more than what has been said before with the lad still to make a decision.

I wish this could play out in the dark rather than in the papers as it just causes some people to get their hopes up.

Just one or two details remain to be finalised and Celik said: "I'll be in Scotland soon, hopefully this week, to sign for Rangers."

Dont tell the grumpy bastard that :sherlock:

Did he really say that though or is this just another case of the Scottish media trying to sell stories?

I don't think it's progressed any more than what has been said before with the lad still to make a decision.

I wish this could play out in the dark rather than in the papers as it just causes some people to get their hopes up.

They dont print actual qoutes if they didnt say it wacko.gif

They dont print actual qoutes if they didnt say it wacko.gif

Have the Scottish press never done this?

I have seen it done every day in our papers.

STV and the reporters on twitter have said the lad never said he was due to come to Scotland so someone is lying.

They legally can't print quotes unless it's what he's said, if they do...even if it's misquoted slightly, they can be sued.

Have the Scottish press never done this?

I have seen it done every day in our papers.

STV and the reporters on twitter have said the lad never said he was due to come to Scotland so someone is lying.

Ah well, in that case, we will just have to wait and see I guess...