Leaving games early.

garycassidy1802

Subway Loyal  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable to leave a match early when we are drawing 1-1 and dominating play?

• Yes
    • No.

This is one thing that really grinds my gears. I have never left a match early.

Especially at 1-1 when we're on top and the crowd is behind the players, our crowd has been hailed as a 12th man before, so why do people leave early to beat the traffic or whatever, is that more important than getting a winning goal?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when you gotta go you gotta go. some people may have other commitments, or young kids they want to take out the ground before the rush, so i understand that.

what i do hate is the cunts who leave when we are playing poorly, or those mugs who decide to leave, and then stop on the stairs to watch the game cause we are attacking. i dont hesitate to tell them to fuck off.

when you gotta go you gotta go. some people may have other commitments, or young kids they want to take out the ground before the rush, so i understand that.

what i do hate is the cunts who leave when we are playing poorly, or those mugs who decide to leave, and then stop on the stairs to watch the game cause we are attacking. i dont hesitate to tell them to fuck off.

Ah yeah I completely understand that point, better to go to the game for 80 odd minutes than not at all if you have to be somewhere.

Second point I completely agree with.

nearly as unacceptable as that lot who go for a pie at 30 mins....

WTF is that all about? I would never leave my seat, under no circumstances

Even if you're taking the piss, I'm like that. Pie and Bovril pre-match, or half time. Even if I need to pish, I'd rather pish my pants than miss a potential goal.

To me it's the equivalent as going to the cinema and leaving 10-20 minutes before the end. One fan tried to explain to me once that it wasn't the same thing: I wasn't convinced.

Exactly, same as going to a gig or going to the cinema.

My Dad is a celtic fan, he told me before he was at a reserve game when he was younger, his mate left at half time 4-0 down in a rage. The match finished 6-4.

For this reason, I'd never leave a match early, stay 'til the end and get behind the team, no matter what I stay and applaud the team off the park.

said it many times before that the supporters should be there for the full match.ok we all know that some have other comittments at times but am sure those who walk out early game after game and we can all see where they sit most games its the same seats that empty.stewards should note them and after 3/4 in a row walk outs recind the season ticket.and resell to someone who will fill it for the entire game

Something I've done maybe a handful of times in 50 years, last time being the 3-0 capitulation to Lyon in 2007.

What I do think is that sometimes thousands of empty seats can get a message across to a club, but with many of our supporters it's just a habit irrespective of the result or performance.