Leaving games early.

garycassidy1802

Subway Loyal  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable to leave a match early when we are drawing 1-1 and dominating play?

• Yes
    • No.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it's the equivalent as going to the cinema and leaving 10-20 minutes before the end. One fan tried to explain to me once that it wasn't the same thing: I wasn't convinced.

Why would it bother you if somebody left a cinema before the end of the film :craphead:

For me, people pay their hard earned money for the right to watch the game.

It is their right to boo or cheer if as they see fit.

It is their right to leave early if they want.

Football is an entertainment business. I'm a season ticket holder and to be honest, aside from a handful of games over the last 3/4 years I've rarely been entertained by our football.

I didn't leave early yesterday as I felt that the team needed support, but generally I leave after about 85 minutes. I pay for my ticket so I'll do what I like quite frankly.

two people in my row every game always go in for a pie at 33 minutes and don't come back till the second half starts, then they leave at about 70-75 minutes. I don't see the point in even going to the game when your missing at least 30 minutes of the game.

two people in my row every game always go in for a pie at 33 minutes and don't come back till the second half starts, then they leave at about 70-75 minutes. I don't see the point in even going to the game when your missing at least 30 minutes of the game.

They're daein it fur the pie! :craphead:

when you gotta go you gotta go. some people may have other commitments, or young kids they want to take out the ground before the rush, so i understand that.

what i do hate is the cunts who leave when we are playing poorly, or those mugs who decide to leave, and then stop on the stairs to watch the game cause we are attacking. i dont hesitate to tell them to fuck off.

10 thousand leaving can't all have 'valid' reasons

maybe they go down for a wee cuddle then travel on the subway for a couple of hours to listen to the glegae banty

Of course you can leave when you want, but it has an impact on the team and our reputation, and if that's not an issue for some then of course leave ten minutes to go. Ironically it always seems to be the one's shouting 'no surrender' that bugger off the earliest!

I head off on the final whistle every game and take the underground to Partick. I'm there for 5.15 (after a 3 o'clock kick off). I guess if I headed off ten minutes early to beat the rush I could be there for maybe 5.05 - think I'd rather stay and back the team and actually be a supporter, rather someone who goes along and doesn't give a feck how the games going to finish.

Personal choice, but leaving early is akin to players chucking it when they go a goal down - unacceptable in a blue jersey!

Of course you can leave when you want, but it has an impact on the team and our reputation, and if that's not an issue for some then of course leave ten minutes to go. Ironically it always seems to be the one's shouting 'no surrender' that bugger off the earliest!

I head off on the final whistle every game and take the underground to Partick. I'm there for 5.15 (after a 3 o'clock kick off). I guess if I headed off ten minutes early to beat the rush I could be there for maybe 5.05 - think I'd rather stay and back the team and actually be a supporter, rather someone who goes along and doesn't give a feck how the games going to finish.

Personal choice, but leaving early is akin to players chucking it when they go a goal down - unacceptable in a blue jersey!

Could not have said it any better myself.

No bugger should be allowed to leave early, ever.

Unless like me, you have a genuine reason.

Does supporters leaving early affect fully grown men earning thousands of pounds weekly, I bloody hope not.

Supporters are important, but not the be all and end all.

Jock Stein said, "Scotland has the best supporters in the world but I have never seen a supporter score a goal" and as we all know, Big Jock knew stuff. :21:

Pisses me off too, never left a game early and I don't intend to. However bad it is, 3-1 Panathaniakos, 3-0 Celtic, 4-1 Sevilla and the rest. I accept that people have trains to catch but a 3PM kick off with a 4:45 finish shouldn't be at a time where you can't get a train after the game.

I left when the 4th goal went in against Unirea

I just couldnt watch the team I love going down like that

Sometimes I leave early, sometimes I dont

Wouldnt have left early today with it being 1-1 but ppl can do what they want

Closest I've ever come to leaving early, but I stayed.

I don't like it, I wish everyone would stay to the end, but you can't force people to do it. If they want to leave they can leave.

Well said

Always hated it, but I'v swung round to the belief that if you pay your money you can do what you want.

comes down to this, if youve paid your money you can do whatever you like

yeah staying until the final whistle is helping your team, but i remember back when i had my ST that you'd stay behind until the end, back the players for 90 odd mins, only for them to fuck right off up the tunnel without a word of thanks for the support

if the crowd have to be the 12th man then the other 11 need to respect the crowd, cant continually serve up shite and expect the fans to clap you every single time

think I'd rather stay and back the team and actually be a supporter, rather someone who goes along and doesn't give a feck how the games going to finish.

im sorry but thats a load of shite

who are you to decide that leaving before the end of a match makes you less of a supporter

comes down to this, if youve paid your money you can do whatever you like

yeah staying until the final whistle is helping your team, but i remember back when i had my ST that you'd stay behind until the end, back the players for 90 odd mins, only for them to fuck right off up the tunnel without a word of thanks for the support

if the crowd have to be the 12th man then the other 11 need to respect the crowd, cant continually serve up shite and expect the fans to clap you every single time

Yeah, that was basically my point. :sherlock: