Leaving games early.

garycassidy1802

Subway Loyal  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable to leave a match early when we are drawing 1-1 and dominating play?

• Yes
    • No.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We sit at the front of the Gf so 5 to go we move up the back. I suppose that's ok? it was different today, not just the usual 'pissed of at the score etc', it was, for the want of a better word, 'anger'. The bears were not happy and Ally was getting, as he would say himself, 'pelters'. A lot of very very unhappy people. A lot of guys with small kids around me who left early because of the subway stuff before the game so you can't blame them for that. It happens every game though and there is no excuse . These people are not genuine supporters.

At half time I stand in the middle of the govan front concourse, right at the main exit. Every week it amazes me how many people leave at half time, there are a lot that i recognise doing it every week. I've even seen it in old firm games. The only excuse for this is if they have 2 tickets and go to sit somewhere else for the 2nd half.

The whole place was genuinely bouncing. It looked much fuller than usual. Fathers advice and Derry's Walls was getting belted out from all corners of the ground, we just equalized and we were pressuring them trying to get the goal that would give us the 3 points.

Then everyone fucked off. Disgusting.

Don't like to do it but have on occasion due to work!

Also once I left early, in a match about 3 years ago against Aberdeen where we'd been awarded a late penalty and I just couldn't watch! I got outside and seemed to be standing for ages!

The cheer from outside the ground was so impressive! Luke a wall of sound!

People have left football matches early for decades - they were doing it in the 60's and 70's and the only thing that has changed is the all-seater stadiums whereby you can see so many leave with 10-minutes (etc) to go.

More of a concern than the early leavers will be the number of stay-away supporters we'll create given the dross McCoist and his charges are serving us on the pitch.

The number of points we've shipped to fucking dross teams like Abersheep is unacceptable. :(

im lucky i live walking distance to ibrox but if im down watching man city and its a 5-30 kick off on a saturday, i need to leave with 5-10 mins to go to catch last train home.

it happens as others have said but is it any worse/better than the guy coming in 5-10 mins late?

our team has thrown the advantage in this league to the mhankies and we are worried about guys who actually get off their arses and attend games leaving early >

im more worried about the team and our inability to beat teams that should be easily sent home with a gubbing.

There are 2 people in my row who leave early every game without fail, regardless of kick off times...

I just can't understand when the game is tight and we are pushing for a winner people leave with 10 mins to go...

Anyways back to the 2 in my row who leave early...Old Firm game 0-0 89 mins they leave, oh boy am I glad they missed Edu scoring in the 93rd minute :uk:

im lucky i live walking distance to ibrox but if im down watching man city and its a 5-30 kick off on a saturday, i need to leave with 5-10 mins to go to catch last train home.

it happens as others have said but is it any worse/better than the guy coming in 5-10 mins late?

our team has thrown the advantage in this league to the mhankies and we are worried about guys who actually get off their arses and attend games leaving early >

im more worried about the team and our inability to beat teams that should be easily sent home with a gubbing.

Do you not think players seeing the stadium emptying early affects them? It would piss me off. Of course it shouldnt they are professional, but they are only human, i think it must have an effect.

As it happens, I wasn't at the game, but usually me and the family leave early. Some people need to, got arrangements and stuff. Rather be out quicker and get home early than be stuck in traffic for a long time. Means we have to listen to the radio slate us for longer as well!

Sorry if that makes me a bad supporter, but sometimes you just need to go early. 86 mins usually.

I used to always stay for 90 minutes no matter the score.......last season i started leaving whenever i felt like it because it bored me to tears, yesterday i left with 15 mins to go, I can't be arsed watching mediocre shite every other saturday at Ibrox anymore if it makes me a part timer i dont really give a fukk to be honest, one thing i do know is that shite on the park don't deserve to be playing in front of 50000 fans.