Leaving games early.

garycassidy1802

Subway Loyal  

202 members have voted

1. 1. Is it acceptable to leave a match early when we are drawing 1-1 and dominating play?

• Yes
    • No.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is one thing that really grinds my gears. I have never left a match early.

Especially at 1-1 when we're on top and the crowd is behind the players, our crowd has been hailed as a 12th man before, so why do people leave early to beat the traffic or whatever, is that more important than getting a winning goal?

I used to think like you mate, that was until a had wains. ( those meddling kids )!

Now if the wain is freezng and starting to moan, its time to go.

I used to lose head at people, but folk who perhaps are on nights, have made the effort to actually be atall, but have ti leave for a 6 start. Or a know folk who actually just keave work for 3hrs or so just to attend match, so need to get back to work as soon as possible.

Then you have nights out etc.

Unfortunately, once you get a family etc, leaving that few mins sharp is unavoidable.

Still does ma tits in. Even on the small number of times i have done it.

Well apart from when a disappea at half time for the boozer. Does that count lol.

Myself as a an ex season ticket holder walked out early during quite a few games including cup final at hampden when i lasted 5 mins then walked out through sheer frustration during the 1 up front pish which in my opinion everyone has the right to do if they have paid their money and dont like what their watching and i would do the exactly the same in the cinema or wherever its your right as a paying fan customer

I find it a wee bit disappointing. Of course there will always be a few needing to leave early for various circumstances but the sheer scale of the amount of people which leave early is quite frankly laughable. The team needs our support for the entire game not just the first 80 minutes.

Only voted yes as the first response highlighted what I think, some people with kids, older folk etc maybe want to avoid the long waits or traffic. I sit next to two guys who leave every game atleast 5 minutes before the end, no matter what game or scoreline. While annoying, it's their perogative I suppose, just that there are too many people like that in the ground now a days.

Everyone saying "it's their money, surely they can leave when they want, etc."

Surely then, they are only financially supporting the team as a consumer? Rather than backing the team 100%

However I do understand some people have commitments, kids etc, but not a third of the crowd.

To be fair, a lot more people stayed today than they generally do when we are maybe a couple of goals up or losing. What grinds my gears is people shouting at people for leaving games early or not singing when ive seen them fucking off when we were down 4-1 to Unirea and Sevilla

Even if you're taking the piss, I'm like that. Pie and Bovril pre-match, or half time. Even if I need to pish, I'd rather pish my pants than miss a potential goal.

ok so it was a little tongue in cheeck, but seriously I'm the same mate.

anytime I have been caught short i usualy miss something by going to the bogs

not always a goal, usualy a red card or a barny or something.

I just dont get leaving ur seat at all while the football is being played.

30 mins, 64 mins or 90 mins, I'm there till the death, especialy at 1-1!!

These days I get the later bus back to Dundee so I can hang about for a couple hours after so always stay till the end and have a few drinks in Glasgow.

When I used to drive down or my mates drove would sometimes leave a couple minutes before but never liked doing it, glad to make use of the buses now :)

ok so it was a little tongue in cheeck, but seriously I'm the same mate.

anytime I have been caught short i usualy miss something by going to the bogs

not always a goal, usualy a red card or a barny or something.

I just dont get leaving ur seat at all while the football is being played.

30 mins, 64 mins or 90 mins, I'm there till the death, especialy at 1-1!!

Even watching on TV or the odd cough on here, I sit and hold in my pee, let my lips get dry or whatever. Plenty of time for doing a piss, getting a drink or whatever before or after the match.

Whenever I've went to a match, I've always applauded the players off the field. One - it's a waste of money leaving, Two - I don't want to miss anything, Three - I find it a bit disrespectful when people leave early rather than support their club for 90minutes.

Everyone saying "it's their money, surely they can leave when they want, etc."

Surely then, they are only financially supporting the team as a consumer? Rather than backing the team 100%

However I do understand some people have commitments, kids etc, but not a third of the crowd.

You'll be hard-pressed to find someone that backs the team 100%. Anyways, my best guess is the weather was a confounding factor today.

I hate people that moan about this.

I stay for the 90.

Some people may need to catch transport or have a job!

Shut the fuck up Uber Fan (tu)

Irony in calling someone an uber fan and claiming a better opinion.

I have said in this thread, I understand people having a job, however, being left with just over half a stadium for the last eight minutes of a game in which that extra push is needed, in my opinion, is a disgrace.

I find it embarrasing to watch the end of games and people have left when the team needs them most in tight games

Hope the journey home is quicker as in my opinion thats where they belong .

It also blows my mind when people leave when we have the game won

if there was extra time in a cup game what do these people do then - phone home doh

A true supporter stays until the end even if its a lost cause - nothing else to say

I find it embarrasing to watch the end of games and people have left when the team needs them most in tight games

Hope the journey home is quicker as in my opinion thats where they belong .

It also blows my mind when people leave when we have the game won

if there was extra time in a cup game what do these people do then - phone home doh

A true supporter stays until the end even if its a lost cause - nothing else to say

This. Also, people underestimate the strength of having 48,000 people (maybe a bit out of the range of today's attendance) on your side.

I hate see it’s as well and have only done it once back when we played Osasuna. I was front row East Enclosure and was soaking due to the rain that night. Pissed off that we were one nil down I left for the underground. Hemdani scored on the 90 and to make matters worse he ran over to wear I was sitting. I only left as I thought the tie was well and truly lost.

But it does seem too many people do want to leave early, all the time.