What will happen with McKay?

nvager

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The issue just needs to be finished with. McKay and the other signings that are not utilised are:

1) Wasting $$$

2) Wasting players careers, whether you care for those players or not

3) Making Rangers a less appealing side from a career PoV, a risk that you may end up sitting in the stands

There is effectively nobody benefiting from this in the long term, so why haven't they parted ways? Sure in the short term the players are being payed but it's not doing their careers any good so I don't see it as a benefit to them.

The whole point is, Adoniram.....WHO wanted him at Ibrox and WHO gave the OK to sign him? It is either one of two things.

(A) McCoist was the man who wanted him in his team and gave the ok to Whyte to get him signed and go to the bother of getting Matty Mckay a work permit.

(B) McKay was earmarked on the say-so of either a scout who is drawing a wage from Rangers OR on the advice of Craig Moore, and was signed without the OK from Ally McCoist.

If it is the first scenario, then Mr McCoist has some fucking explaining to do why we have blown over 300k in transfer fees and assorted sundries on a fucking dud.

If it is the second scenario, it means McCoist is effectively NOT the manager in charge of his own squad of players and that he has to toe the line to whoever is making the call on what players come to Ibrox, while McCoist picks a team from said players.

Did Craig Moore have the say so on Bedoya getting signed on a pre-contract and then being bought early on a 400k transfer fee,only to sit on his arse for 5 Months? I don't think so.... :sherlock:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=207916&view=findpost&p=1059669220&hl=&fromsearch=1 (tu)

It's a bizarre situation. Obviously with the reputation he arrived with we were all expecting to see him in the team and do we'll for us. But he hasn't been given a sniff of the action so far. I take it he can't leave this season as it would be his 3rd club he would have played for in one season? Or had the Oz season finished when he signed (though this rule seems to only apply to clubs outwith your man utd, Liverpool, barca etc)?

Ally should be putting the club and the fans before his personal spats, about as unprofessional as you can get, cue Fleck. <cr>

What an idiotic post. We don't even know there's been a "spat".

Friends like you, who needs enemies.

Got a few Aussie mates who say this guy is quality (but then again the A-league isnae up to much).

I'd honestly give this guy a shot in midfield over the likes of McCulloch and Edu.

Yes he is a good player and deserves his chance

Disagree with your point about edu though, been very consistent this season

Have you seen our league, its a total shambles from top to bottom, there's way too many teams in all the scottish leagues, the spl is absolutely dire and has been for a number of years because some duchebag gave other clubs the chance to vote, the A league may not be good but jesus christ its a damn sight better than the spl

I'll put my neck out here and say there is more quality now in the Scottish national set up than the aussies imo. They have the odd standout like Cahill, I like him but lately nothing, as far as the a league goes whenever I see a game it bores the tits off oh me.

Quite amusing that Cahill would struggle to make the national team bench at the moment. Australian GKs in a few big teams (i.e. EPL, Bundesliga), a few midfielders and defenders getting around in quality sides (good Championship sides, Eredivisie etc), and defenders and strikers in the biggest Asian leagues doing well (J-League and K-League). And yet Matt McKay had got himself into the position as an almost certain starter in the national team and was considered by his team mates to be a standout. Furthermore players like Kewell and Emerton that have gone back to the A-League haven't exactly been standouts, I think they've been a little shocked themselves.

If McKay doesn't appear to be good enough for Rangers then that's fine, or perhaps such a player simply doesn't fit into McCoist's plan which is also fine. But why keep McKay and others signed up and costing $$ if they don't bring anything to the team? Not only is it costing money, but without getting game time then their monetary value is only going to go down and it's going to cost us in the long run. Nobody is benefiting from this. It doesn't matter whether you argue he is any good or not, McCoist is costing the club by doing this.

It's a bizarre situation. Obviously with the reputation he arrived with we were all expecting to see him in the team and do we'll for us. But he hasn't been given a sniff of the action so far. I take it he can't leave this season as it would be his 3rd club he would have played for in one season? Or had the Oz season finished when he signed (though this rule seems to only apply to clubs outwith your man utd, Liverpool, barca etc)?

The Oz season was well and truely over. He played in the Grand Final, the last match.

I definitely think it's about something other than footballing ability.

Even allowing for him being terrible in training weekly,we signed him based on what he produced in competitive matches surely unless we studied and compiled dossiers based on his training sessions with Roar and thought 'Whoa this guy can really bring something to our training sessions'

First this - Captain and League Champion

/Users/craiglewis/Desktop/trophy_16nqkbo-16nqkjs.jpg

Then this - Player of the Year

/Users/craiglewis/Desktop/images-2.jpeg

Then this- big hopes and all smiles

/Users/craiglewis/Desktop/images.jpeg

Then this???? Cmon Coisty surely Matty is better than lead boots McCollouch

/Users/craiglewis/Desktop/images-1.jpeg

McKay is miles better than "Elbows"

you need to upload your pics from your computer to a site such as tinypic.com mate and use the URL from there to post pics on here.

This is going to turn in an Aaron scenario take 2 its shocking sometimes how we treat players especially when they are rarely given a decent chance, half a game here and there is not a good enough run in the team to prove yourself christ we cant get any worse so might as well try it out!

IMO we wasted £1.25mill on him, Bedoya and Ortiz in the summer when that money could have been used on a striker. Someone needs their ass booted for the summer transfer fuck ups

These were all panic buys due to missing out on prime targets like :

Miller

Goodwillie

Danns

Conway

I just can't accept we paid close to £1 million to get 2 players (Who now we could have got for nothing) who have yet to make any impact or a string of consecutive games for Rangers.

We knew we had to be flawless in our singings as we coulnd't afford to bring in guys who just don't play.