SDM

The Beast

I don't trust Craig Whyte at all but every time there is another rumour of financial misdeeds and evidence of lack of investment I don't get angry with him but with Sir David Murray.

The crippling debt, the alleged tax evasion etc all happened under his stewardship and that of his board.

Letting a financial asset stripper wide-boy like Whyte in the door was a direct result of mismanagement by the previous regime. Whyte is what he is but the bottom line is that he shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near the Rangers boardroom.

Even now Sir David Murray gets a relatively easy ride in the media.

If anyone is to blame for where we find ourselves it's not Craig Whyte. He's a symptom not the cause.

I don't trust Craig Whyte at all but every time there is another rumour of financial misdeeds and evidence of lack of investment I don't get angry with him but with Sir David Murray.

The crippling debt, the alleged tax evasion etc all happened under his stewardship and that of his board.

Letting a financial asset stripper wide-boy like Whyte in the door was a direct result of mismanagement by the previous regime. Whyte is what he is but the bottom line is that he shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near the Rangers boardroom.

If anyone is to blame for where we find ourselves it's not Craig Whyte. He's a symptom not the cause.

SDM has a LOT to answer for.

SDM chased the dream and came really fucking close. We are paying now for it but we are still champs. It will all work out mate.

That's not the whole story. Rangers were treated with contempt by him in the last few years; he went to ground when the going got tough, twice!, and he allowed Rangers to be maligned, left, right, and centre. Chased the dream?: I used to believe that, but it is just nonsense.

That's not the whole story. Rangers were treated with contempt by him in the last few years; he went to ground when the going got tough, twice!, and he allowed Rangers to be maligned, left, right, and centre. Chased the dream?: I used to believe that, but it is just nonsense.

So What i call chasing the dream didnt cost SDM serious amounts of his own cash? Belive what you want mate it will be decades before we find out the real crack of the 90s/00s.

He didn't try to protect us as fans when we needed him.

That is the only difference between him and CW.

I trusted whyte, todays events have made me reconsider :( (don't think I've ever used that emotion so much.)

What an awful day, with potentially worse to follow.

I still think SDM was just naive as fuck as a businessman. Sure, he was an Ayr United fan, but he treated Rangers like a fan, not thinking of the consequences and doing what he thought was right at the time.

Unfortunately it went diddies skyward, but I have my fingers crossed that we will live to fight another day.

In terms of Craig Whyte, I have heard to many contrasting reports to hold an opinion.

Murray allowed f enians to pillory Rangers and our supporters, and said fuck all as they whined their wee balls off about some harmless songs and chants.

He helped f enians to change the face of Scottish society by saying fuck all.

He did so much more than ruin Rangers. He refused to stop republican scum ruining Scotland, when he had the chances.

I still think SDM was just naive as fuck as a businessman. Sure, he was an Ayr United fan, but he treated Rangers like a fan, not thinking of the consequences and doing what he thought was right at the time.

Unfortunately it went diddies skyward, but I have my fingers crossed that we will live to fight another day.

In terms of Craig Whyte, I have heard to many contrasting reports to hold an opinion.

Bag of fucking shite.

What do you know about being a Rangers fan?

In my opinion it was the advocaat days that sparked all this pish.

And despite the quality players we got to see, the return was never worth the investment considering he never got any further in the champions league that walter and his reign went out with a whimper.

The one thing that always sticks in my mind, was Tore Andre Flo at 12 million quid.

Throwing money we now, in hindsight, didn't have, at several players like this, was most definitely one of SDM's biggest fuck ups.

The fee for that was ridiculous, Chelsea should have been told to fuck off and cheaper (but quality) alternatives should have been brought in. (We were made to regret rejecting hartson for example)

But I think flo was treated harshly, he wasn't bad... Just never worth 12 mil

SDM chased the dream and came really fucking close. We are paying now for it but we are still champs. It will all work out mate.

What dream?

And really fucking close to what? Bankrupting us? Twice?

Murray sold the club for £1 and £18M debt - now if succesfull in the Tax Case, then Whyte has got the Club for a steal. So I don't understand the "crippling debt" line.

Also, Murray had no choice over who he sold the Club to - that was Lloyds. They would have sold the Club to Gadaffi if he had come up with £18M.

BTW, I'm no Murray lover, I despise the guy - he's another that's made his personal fortune gambling with other people's money. :angry:

And was his parting shot not.I will make sure the people buying the club, have the interests of Rangers and have to satisfy me that they have the money, not just to buy the club but to sustain it.

Jesus wept.

Murray sold the club for £1 and £18M debt - now if succesfull in the Tax Case, then Whyte has got the Club for a steal. So I don't understand the "crippling debt" line.

Also, Murray had no choice over who he sold the Club to - that was Lloyds. They would have sold the Club to Gadaffi if he had come up with £18M.

BTW, I'm no Murray lover, I despise the guy - he's another that's made his personal fortune gambling with other people's money. :angry:

It's all relative I suppose but the debt figure (without the potential hmrc payment) was enough to severely curtail our trading in the transfer market for pretty much the whole of Walter's 2nd term. For a football club then that qualifies as crippling imho.

I don't believe that Murray would have had no say at all in who the club was sold to, however the fact that Lloyds has so much influence was down to the mismanagement of the Murray regime in the first place so either way it comes full circle back to him and his board.