Davis pleads for fresh blood.

The Godfather

Steven Davis has urged Rangers’ board to continue their search for new players after the club’s Scottish Cup exit at the hands of Dundee United.

The Ibrox club brought in just one in the January window – forward Mervan Celik – and lost a host of first team players, including leading scorer Nikica Jelavic.

With the window closed, manager Ally McCoist is still able to add free agents and the club captain says it is important the current pool is added to.

"The window is closed and it's only frees that are going to be available," said the midfielder.

“But it would be nice to see a bit of investment in the team and try to add to what we've already got.

"The problem is that we've got a lot of key players out as well and that's something that's gone against us this season."

After their Scottish Cup exit, Rangers only have the Scottish Premier League to play for and currently trail league leaders Celtic in the race for the title.

"I think the league is still there for us, without doubt," said Davis.

"Sometimes it's hard to reflect on it straight after the game when everyone is a little bit down and it's hard to see the positives to take out of the situation.

"But we will get back to work, roll our sleeves up and get ready to go again.

"We've had a lot of success over the last number of years but now is the time, when things are going against you, for everybody to be pushing in the same direction.

"We need to give it our all and show the desire and what it means to pull on that shirt."

we could do with looking for an on field leader that will be a vocal encouragement to his team mates.

Or an off field leader who can offer vocal encouragement. Did you see Allys quotes? tax case this tax case that. Ally you got us pumped out of our fourth cup and thats all you can say? <cr>

The fact of the matter is that we have more than enough players already at the club, bar striking options, should be able to dominate Dundee United at home.

Instead of crying about signing new players maybe Davis should look at his own pathetic season and Ally on his bad selections, style and tactics.

The raw materials are there, those two are not pulling their weight.

Exactly, Davis has shown up for about 10% of our games this season so before lecturing anyone else on what it means to pull on that shirt I think he should have a look at himself 1st .

Yesterday there was no leadership on the park and as much as backpass Ferguson done peoples heads in at least he was vocal and communicated with the rest of the team.

I'd like to see Davis focus on actually stringing together a couple of good games (or even a couple of games where he tries) in a row.

I'd rather he didn't focus on a couple of good games in a row, I'd rather he focussed on ONE good game. He's shown up twice this season, when he's on 15k+ a week it's ridiculous

Last season, wylde gave us a shot in the arm, at just the right time. I had hoped Fleck, Ness or Hutton would do the same this season in the title run in, but with them all being loaned out, it appears that we would rather try and bring in a free transfer to boost the team. This can work (Aluko) but is a risk if the player we sign hasnt played in a while.

The fact of the matter is that we have more than enough players already at the club, bar striking options, should be able to dominate Dundee United at home.

Instead of crying about signing new players maybe Davis should look at his own pathetic season and Ally on his bad selections, style and tactics.

The raw materials are there, those two are not pulling their weight.

Couldn't agree more!im sick of saying this but the current Rangers squad is still far stronger than the Dundee united squad so how come Dundee came to ibrox and pissed all over us?The poor performance(again)from our team and shitty management decisions that's how :(