Administration thread

debear

140 years of our great club, 40th anniversary of 72. What a great way to celebrate these milestones :anguish: Since hearing the news yesterday I hoped/believed we would get out of this mess and a knight in shinning armour would save us. Thought 10 days would be plenty of time to find someone and now 24 hours later, this happens. I'm sitting with tears in my fucking eyes, listining to a smarmy cunt on BBC news 24, what a shitty fucking day

We must be fucked if the court has appointed the administrator.

I honestly believe liquidation of the club will be the outcome here. No amount of money raised in ticket sales is going to solve this one.

The court haven't appointed an administrator, Rangers have.

What is wrong with you :S?

The reason on first team players and staff are the first to go is because they all generally have mutual release clauses in their contracts for just this kind of situation.

NOW we will get to see who are the true real Rangers men at the club.

We can't register any new players, but could extend deals of those already here...that said extending contracts is going to be way down the list of priorities!

There will be some who have to go to cut costs, sad but unavoidable. We also will be working to get back out of admin by 31 March so that a UEFA licence can be obtained for next year (think this will be a challenge!). If we are still in administration come end of season then really fear for future tbh as this surely means we are struggling to pass CVA.

The reason on first team players and staff are the first to go is because they all generally have mutual release clauses in their contracts for just this kind of situation.

Not outside the transfer window they wont. The Administrator is more likely to scrap our youth squad first, plus staff and then turn his attention to fringe players.

We still have a obligation to the SPL/SFA to field a team, we'll keep our high earners / major assets now. Until the transfer window reopens, so we can cash in and raise money to pay off our debt. If we are still in Administration at that time.

This is all about damage limitation.

Player contracts are still to be upheld as secure creditors, the worst that could happen is selling them off with special dispensation or releasing those with a year to go on mutual termination deals.

The former is unlikely due to Whyte appointing administrators, the latter is pretty likely.

Whyte is underwriting the administrators so all the staff including the playing staff will still be paid so no need to sell anyone

Not outside the transfer window they wont. The Administrator is more likely to scrap our youth squad first, plus staff and then turn his attention to fringe players.

We still have a obligation to the SPL/SFA to field a team, we'll keep our high earners / major assets now. Until the transfer window reopens, so we can cash in and raise money to pay of our debt. If we are still in Administration at that time.

This is all about damage limitation.

It was a typo, not 'on' I meant 'non'. :pipe:

What the fuck are Ssn all about?

Yesterday when I put it on they were interviewing Charlie Nicholas about the rangers situation, then today they get Davie provan on the phone? I understand that they work for Ssn but would it not make more sense to get some ex gers players opinions?

Then to make things worse that dick who is the correspondent at ibrox just stands there with a big grin on his face!

People laughed at me when I said maybe we were putting all our youngsters out on loan to keep them long term.

However with a lot of our promising youngster out on loan and a good slice of their wages getting paid we will not release them when we are in administration allowing them to hopefully return at the start of next season when we are in a better position.