What does Whyte have to do now to get your backing?

simplythebestest

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He has gone beyond redemption as far as I am concerned. Some of his actions have been questionable and I never really trusted him, but the £9m PAYE issue has made my mind up. Those are the actions of a criminal and I don't want him to have anything more to do with my club. It will be even more sickening if he puts the club in liquidation and walks away with £18 million in pocket.

The Catch 22 is, if he really does have a master plan it'll be weeks before he can come clean about it (if ever). If he regains full control we might need to wait till the summer to see what he's got. For me, I can't wait that long.

If we avoid liquidation, come out of admin, he brings that money back from the offshore account and makes legally binding guarantees to invest in the playing squad all within a few weeks then I'd accept that for now. However, I'm beginning to regret ever giving him my support.

The Catch 22 is, if he really does have a master plan it'll be weeks before he can come clean about it (if ever). If he regains full control we might need to wait till the summer to see what he's got. For me, I can't wait that long.

If we avoid liquidation, come out of admin, he brings that money back from the offshore account and makes legally binding guarantees to invest in the playing squad all within a few weeks then I'd accept that for now. However, I'm beginning to regret ever giving him my support.

He doesn't have a master plan, if his idea was to wipe the debt by arranging a CVA then why would he accrue a further £9m in tax debt, thus giving HMRC more power in a CVA negotiation? His plan from the start has been administration at best and liquidation at worst with common theme being him walking off at the end of it considerably better off than before.

Call it tactical, playing his cards close to his chest, whatever - can you really say you'd believe another word that came out of his mouth?

Not without guarantees. In saying that though, he doesn't show much respect to contracts anyway so probably not even then.

He doesn't have a master plan, if his idea was to wipe the debt by arranging a CVA then why would he accrue a further £9m in tax debt, thus giving HMRC more power in a CVA negotiation? His plan from the start has been administration at best and liquidation at worst with common theme being him walking off at the end of it considerably better off than before.

Here's the thing though, if he is a perenially dodgy businessman moving from one company to the next he would need to stay under the radar. These past few months have seen his name dragged through more dirt than a tim's laundry basket.

If he walks from or is forced out of our club, he'll never work again and almost certainly be hated by hundreds of thousands. He has a house in this country and there are bears the wolrd over so he can't even hide away in Monaco either.

Surely he has no choice but to do whatever he can for redemption?