Goian's agent in talks with clubs on the continent

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i think he was sneaky as hell and played the media and support like a fiddle...

Wasnt getting played until he signed his new contract. Signed it, got back in the team. That would have annoyed me.

Hadnt been getting a game regularly for a while, overlooked by Kerkar, Wallace, Papace and Celik. That would have annoyed me.

Opportunity to walk to save Rangers money when he was probably nowhere near a high earner, move to a better league, get more money and get away from the kind of pressures that have seen players like Adam pushed away from the club. (Fans turning on him, being played out of position and criticised for it)... He worked his ticket IMO. I just wonder how often he will play for Bolton :unsure:

Maybe, I just think he done what was best for himself and the club at that point in time. I certainly don’t hold a grudge against either him or Celik.

He kleft for himself not to save jobs, that much is clear. Fair enough as tyou say and if he hadn't acted the martyr in the press afterwards i wouldn't have said a word

By agreeing to a pay cut he has indicated he does want to play.

Surely he either takes a pay cut and plays till end of season or gets nothing and waits till next season to sign for someone? or would he be able to sign for a team straight away?

He kleft for himself not to save jobs, that much is clear. Fair enough as tyou say and if he hadn't acted the martyr in the press afterwards i wouldn't have said a word

Well wage cuts were not agreed by the time admin agreed to let Wylde go so you can’t really say saving jobs was not a motive for him…indeed many were expecting a good few more to leave at that point as wage reductions were so severe.

I have no doubt he done what he thought was best for himself but I also think he had a better chance of getting a club (job) than others at the club so choose to leave.

If indeed he wanted the big pay deal with an EPL team then he could have easily done so by not singing a new contract at the time.

There were also conflicting stories about some of our top players, and their unwillingness to take the same cuts as others in the squad had already agreed to.

None of us know fully what went on during that time.

Surely he either takes a pay cut and plays till end of season or gets nothing and waits till next season to sign for someone? or would he be able to sign for a team straight away?

Wylde now plays for bolton.....

Also plenty of markets he can go to that don't have a transfer window or have a different one to the european window

There were also conflicting stories about some of our top players, and their unwillingness to take the same cuts as others in the squad had already agreed to.

None of us know fully what went on during that time.

Not sure your point mate.

Do you think wylde staying would have cost one person there job ?

Not sure your point mate.

Do you think wylde staying would have cost one person there job ?

Not in the end up, no, but he may have been genuine with his comments. I can't say that I don't have my doubts too, but I be prone to scepticism.

My point was that even if he was thinking about himself, he may not have been the only one in the squad.

Not in the end up, no, but he may have been genuine with his comments. I can't say that I don't have my doubts too, but I be prone to scepticism.

My point was that even if he was thinking about himself, he may not have been the only one in the squad.

agreed, my main problem was the pr offensive after he left, nto the leaving itself...if you know what i mean

I would be astounded if every agent who represents a senior Rangers player was NOT looking at other clubs. That is there job and there is a huge difference between looking and doing! (Oh the double entendre opportunities there!! ):matron: :matron:

Worrying about his international place at the age of 32 !

Turning down the chance to double his wages in China and refusing , now he's looking for another club !

What a lot of pish these agents speak , the guys been pish and will be no loss if he goes ...........

this,when st mirren and aberdeen players waltz past you its time to ditch him