Well funded London based consortium

he has owned a business, which in turn has owned shares in RFC before. Heres hoping, $3.2bn estimated wealth. Also owned stakes in Spurs aswell, so i guessh e could fit the bill described in the media of "including experience with a current EPL club".

I'm sure he has had his hand in with some clubs on the continent as well.....I seem to to remember a Swiss or Austrian club at the time and there being an article somewhere about how he could invest in so many differetn clubs.

new statement

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2767814

Duff and Phelps, the administrators at Rangers Football Club, issued the following statement today.

Paul Clark, joint administrator, said: "We have continued discussions today with the parties remaining in the bidding process and good progress has been made.

"We can also confirm that Craig Whyte has confirmed that he will transfer his shareholding in Rangers Football Club to two of the parties and has indicated he would not be an impediment to a sale of the Club.

"We will issue a further update for supporters tomorrow and can say that every effort is being made to conclude the sale of the Club as quickly as possible."

Didn't the admins say one member was a well known Scottish businessman? There aren't many with the cash to spare

Donald Trump has a "Scottish" business with his golf course so if that qualifies him as a Scottish businessman then great!... he's got shedloads a cash!