Transfers

I don't see the point in a pay rise for a player who is running down his contract and leaving for nothing in a year?

Seems daft

Dortmund don't really need the money and if they can keep him happy for a year and have him alongside Reus, Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang then they've got a chance of doing better than last season.

Liverpool have rejected a £10million offer from Napoli for defender Martin Skrtel.

Sportmail understands the offer was made on Tuesday night, but was instantly rebuffed by the Anfield club. Napoli are believed to be preparing an improved offer for the central-defender.

"The same year Beckham joined Real Madrid from Manchester United. On the pre-season tour of the Far East his new colleagues were clearly taken aback by the added scrutiny and generally craziness that his presence generated. When he and Luis Figo co-hosted a press conference in a Tokyo hotel, Beckham was ushered to an ostentatious gold throne and Figo to a normal chair placed to its side. The Portuguese was having none of it. "I am Luis Figo," he said as, much to the horror of his Japanese hosts, he sat down on the throne and told Beckham to take the chair."

I hope Cristiano is taking notes :lol:

Brazilian youngster Gabriel Fernando has snubbed a scholarship with Manchester City and is now set to join Manchester United.

The 16-year-old, who joined City in March last year from Sporting Lisbon, is an exciting attacking midfield player and it is understood the 2012 Barclays Premier League champions were keen to keep Fernando at the club.

However, Fernando has taken to Twitter to confirm that he refused a deal to remain at the Etihad and MailOnline Sport understands that he has been training with the United youth team this past week.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2398682/Gabriel-Fernando-join-Manchester-United-Manchester-City.html#ixzz2ceIRM9CZ

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

"The same year Beckham joined Real Madrid from Manchester United. On the pre-season tour of the Far East his new colleagues were clearly taken aback by the added scrutiny and generally craziness that his presence generated. When he and Luis Figo co-hosted a press conference in a Tokyo hotel, Beckham was ushered to an ostentatious gold throne and Figo to a normal chair placed to its side. The Portuguese was having none of it. "I am Luis Figo," he said as, much to the horror of his Japanese hosts, he sat down on the throne and told Beckham to take the chair."

:lol:

Superb!

I can remember that at the time. I took Figo's side.

I'm pretty certain that Ronaldo has signed a new deal with Real that will see him get the same wages as Messi, will be announced in September apparently. No idea why they are waiting until then though.

Falcao was offered to Real and others, surprised they didn't go for him as he's the type of player they need before Bale.

Yeah , I watch revista as well hahaha .

Man Utd have an excuse though. Moyes has had only 2 months to scout players he wanted because all the signings he was looking at for Everton would not be good enough. Wenger should of known his targets and got them in early.

Not necessarily true. Even as far back as feb/march Moyes wouldn't commit or comment on his future at Everton. Im sure he got the heads up so he could prepare himself.