Transfers

Never bought into that argument.

Do foreign clubs really overpay for players because the Daily Record says they're good?

But English clubs do

They wonder what all the hype is about and start sending people to watch!

Before you know it, you are quoted overinflated prices and then offer a little less

But English clubs do

Before you know it, you are quoted overinflated prices and then offer a little less

Sounds like good business to me. If a club really wants an asset of yours then they should be expected to pay for it. Fortunately for English clubs a £2million plus gamble on a young player is affordable to them. Nobody is forcing them to buy these players they choose to on the back of what they have seen.

But English clubs do

Not saying your wrong as it's about opinions here but I genuinely believe Scumdee Utd are just doing everything I want our club to do with youth. GMS and Gauld are cracking players with great potential who have (will in GMS case) be sold to bring in a great return for them. Lewis Macleod I believe is our star young player and if he proves himself in the top league, we will be batting (hopefully) offers away for him. It's just good business IMO.

Apparently he didn't want to be 2nd choice to Neuer and will be given a chance of being first choice at Madrid <cr>

Think Diego Lopez is on the way out.

The rumours are it's Casillas instead bud.

Real have turned down an approach from Napoli for Lopez

The rumours are it's Casillas instead bud.

Real have turned down an approach from Napoli for Lopez

Think Monaco are after Lopez too. Wouldn't surprise me to see them both away tbh. Apparently they want a Kiko Casilla as well.

Can imagine the uproar from the Real Madrid fans if Casillas was forced out though. He's like a god to them.

Think Monaco are after Lopez too. Wouldn't surprise me to see them both away tbh. Apparently they want a Kiko Casilla as well.

Can imagine the uproar from the Real Madrid fans if Casillas was forced out though. He's like a god to them.

Wouldn't surprise me either mate i think since Casillas got dropped by Jose he's dramatically declined which is a real shame as he's still got a good 3/4 years left in him at the top level.

One of the best goalkeepers ive had the pleasure to see play imo.

Wouldn't surprise me either mate i think since Casillas got dropped by Jose he's dramatically declined which is a real shame as he's still got a good 3/4 years left in him at the top level.

One of the best goalkeepers ive had the pleasure to see play imo.

Agreed bud (tu) Was the finest goal keeper on the planet for years imo. He's still capable of pulling out some jaw dropping saves but I fear his blip in the Champions League final signalled the end for him. Where would he end up though? All top clubs have a world class goal keeper really..

Agreed bud (tu) Was the finest goal keeper on the planet for years imo. He's still capable of pulling out some jaw dropping saves but I fear his blip in the Champions League final signalled the end for him. Where would he end up though? All top clubs have a world class goal keeper really..

I'm not sure mate tbh.

Could maybe go to Milan or Inter possibly? Maybe even Dortmund. The only EPL team he might go to is Arsenal imo all the other top 6 teams have good keepers.

Alonso, Modric, Ronaldo, Bale, Kross, Rodriquez, Benzema, Isco where are they all going to fit in? :lol:

Think Alonso will have a much smaller role this year and they'll try and use Kroos and Modric as sort of deep lying playmakers but even then they have no naturally defensive midfielders.

Not sure at all if there's any truth in it but I heard it mentioned they might get Falcao aswell

Alonso, Modric, Ronaldo, Bale, Kross, Rodriquez, Benzema, Isco where are they all going to fit in? :lol:

What a brilliant problem to have. Amazing strength in depth.

Been the case at Madrid for quite a while now, yet funnily enough the only time I can recall any off field problems was when Mourinho was in charge. I think Ancelotti will cope.

Think Alonso will have a much smaller role this year and they'll try and use Kroos and Modric as sort of deep lying playmakers but even then they have no naturally defensive midfielders.

Not sure at all if there's any truth in it but I heard it mentioned they might get Falcao aswell

Heard Falcao mentioned a fair bit lately as well. Can actually remember at the time of his transfer to Monaco there was apparently some sort of deal he'd go there for a year before going to Real Madrid as Atletico didn't want to sell directly to their rivals. Probably pish, but adds to the rumours.

Not sure they need him if they're serious about Jese having a big part next season. Didn't have the best of time at Monaco but that was mostly due to injury, think he'd still be a massive signing and would bring the best out of Benzema. He played the best football of his career when Higuain was their to compete with him imo (except when he played at Ibrox!)