Transfers

Dont think Di Maria will make one shred of a difference for Man Utds chances this season. Already got a similar player in Mata. Thought Vidal n Hummels would be the only ones to make a change. Good player but not what they need just now.

Di Maria's completely different to Mata. Mata will play behind Rooney and RvP but Di Maria will probably play in the centre of midfield as he did for Real last season. His game is all about work-rate while Mata's really isn't.

Brilliant player - I just don't know why he wants to go to united. Had a break through season in the centre last year, normally I'd say it must be about the money but surely the new deal offered by Madrid would have been as much as united are gonna offer.

Not what they need, just a signing to appease the disgruntled fans.

United don't have a defence, it's shocking and until they address that nothing is going to change.

Last season was the very same with Mata coming in, they don't need attacking players because they are overrun with them (Rooney, RVP, Valencia, Mata, Juanazi, Hernandez, Welbeck ect).

They need a world class central midfielder and 3 or 4 top level defenders and until they address that they are not going to challenge the top sides.

Rafael,Jones and Evans are pish as is Smalling,midfield far too lightweight aswell and Shaw is untested at the highest level,that side wouldn't make top 4 imo

I'm not sure if Di Maria would play that deep either. Quite hard to get him, Mata and Rooney all in the one team for a 3-5-2/5-3-2

It's euros so about £55m I reckon,still way to much for a player they don't really need could prob sign Benatia and Coleman for that kind if cash which would dramatically improve their defence

No it's £s the reports are confirming not euros

Di Maria just smacks you in the face as a signing that's being made because he's a big name that is available, rather than because he's been sounded out as what will improve the team.

They need to go out with that cash and sign at least 3 new defenders, because their back line is being stretched comfortably by Sunderland right now, and look terrified of a high ball.