Transfers

That is one the most ridiculous transfer fees I've ever seen. A teenager from the Brazilian leagues. (I know it's not terrible but not a top league).

Imo the Brazilian league has became a joke for transfer fee's since the Robinho to Real deal.

Since then it's like this guy might be a star we'll ask for £40m+ :anguish:

Sergio Canales moves to Valencia permanently, but Real Madrid insert a buy back clause of €8M (the same price Valencia are paying for him). With Gago and Guardado already there, it's been a decent summer for them...

Feel really sorry for Canales. Was never going to work for him at Real, despite him being a hugely talented player. He'll never fit in at either of the top two in Spain and he doesn't strike me as a player who would move in search of trophies. Might be a wasted talent right here.

What's the actual point in a buy-back clause?

If they turn out to be a good player, they get the move back. If not, they're off the books of the selling club and are owned by a club who do want them.

Win/win situation for both clubs.

If they turn out to be a good player, they get the move back. If not, they're off the books of the selling club and are owned by a club who do want them.

That's what I don't really get.

If a team has a buy-back clause right? If another team comes in with a higher big does the team with buy-back clause get the player either way?

If a team has a buy-back clause right? If another team comes in with a higher big does the team with buy-back clause get the player either way?

The selling team, would have to accept the offer from the club with the buy back clause, if it matched the clause, even if there are larger offers on the table.

It would still be ultimately up to the player to decide.

It's basically a pre-arranged transfer, so yeah. It's a gentleman's agreement essentially.

The selling team, would have to accept the offer from the club with the buy back clause, if it matched the clause, even if there are larger offers on the table.

It would still be ultimately up to the player to decide.

It's basically a pre-arranged transfer, so yeah. It's a gentleman's agreement essentially.

I see, cheers lads.

Not for the buying club. Player has a tremendous season, oh wait, have to sell him for a pittance. Smashin. Nothing more than a glorified loan. Would be raging if we started doing this, but thankfully we won't!

1344500552' post='1060313132']

SAF must be getting pissed off, losing out to Chelsea and PSG while RVP deal looks no further forward.

He said when a club pays over 40 million for a brazillian teenager you begin to think the worlds gone mad!!! Arsenal won't help man utd out in any way just out of badness, perhaps RVP doesn't want to go there though doubt he would want to stab all the arsenal fans in the back like that!

Not for the buying club. Player has a tremendous season, oh wait, have to sell him for a pittance. Smashin. Nothing more than a glorified loan. Would be raging if we started doing this, but thankfully we won't!

They got their player. If they agree to enter into the buy-back clause they knew there was a chance the selling club could take the player back.

You have to wonder how things would have been had he moved to Barcelona instead. Moving to Real Madrid at the same time as Özil was always going to be difficult, not to mention the fact that Kaka was lurking in the shadows. At Barcelona, he would have had stiff competition nonetheless, but you wonder if he would have been given a bit more playing time.

Very rarely will a younger player move to Barcelona, after being in the first team at their old club, and settle in. They'll be expected to find their feet first and familiarise themselves with the philosophy and playing style before being given an extended chance.

I wouldn't have held much hope for Canales at Barcelona. He's a fantastic young player and no one can doubt his talent, but I couldn't see him breaking through when there's a player of Thiago's quality still trying to make the step up.

As much as it pains me to say, it looks like Valencia will be his level.

He said when a club pays over 40 million for a brazillian teenager you begin to think the worlds gone mad!!! Arsenal won't help man utd out in any way just out of badness, perhaps RVP doesn't want to go there though doubt he would want to stab all the arsenal fans in the back like that!

It's been reported that RVP wants the move to Man Utd.

If Wenger won't sell out of bitterness then he needs to grow up. In the recent past, the Man Utd Arsenal rivalry was built out of who would win the title and that doesn't really apply any more because Arsenal are miles behind Man City & Chelsea when it comes to recent success and who is likely to challenge for the league title.

Wenger had no problem selling Clichy, Adebayor & Nasri to City. This should be no different, providing the money is right for Arsenal.

It's been reported that RVP wants the move to Man Utd.

If Wenger won't sell out of bitterness then he needs to grow up. In the recent past, the Man Utd Arsenal rivalry was built out of who would win the title and that doesn't really apply any more because Arsenal are miles behind Man City & Chelsea when it comes to recent success and who is likely to challenge for the league title.

Wenger had no problem selling Clichy, Adebayor & Nasri to City. This should be no different, providing the money is right for Arsenal.

If I was Wenger Id refuse to sell to United as they are one of their rivals and there has been so much bad blood over the years with Wenger and Ferguson. If Arsenal can get the same money for RVP from a team in another league or one who he has less issues with then whats the problem?

Hes well within his rights to keep RVP for another year and Id do that rather than sell to a club who is a rival and a manager who I have been sparring with for well over a decade.