Did Zenit Cheat to win the UEFA Cup?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 4 penalties Chelsea should have had may have made up for that. (tu)

Game would have been done by then if the ref had correctly awarded Barca a penalty.

Was there not also a couple of decisions went Chelseas way in the first leg?

All this moaning about decisions years later and blaming refs while ignoring decisions that went in their favour reminds me of another set of fans...

I think the article is saying that they bribed Bayern to get through to play us, they didn't need to bribe us, just Bayern, all they had to do was beat us which they did and could do without bribing us.

Henning Ovrebo (The same ref from the chelsea Barca game) was the ref in the semi final.

Agreed 100%

It took me 2 years to watch a replay of it. We could of won that match. The way we started the second half, we had them on the ropes. When we decided to go forward, we were very, very good. One of Sir Walter's biggest mistakes that night imho. How many matches can you win by playing for penalties? It worked vs Fiorentina... and even then, we were good enough to beat them in 90 mins.

The final still hurts.

EDIT: Quoted the wrong post....

Agreed 100%

It took me 2 years to watch a replay of it. We could of won that match. The way we started the second half, we had them on the ropes. When we decided to go forward, we were very, very good. One of Sir Walter's biggest mistakes that night imho. How many matches can you win by playing for penalties? It worked vs Fiorentina... and even then, we were good enough to beat them in 90 mins.

The final still hurts.

EDIT: Quoted the wrong post....

Was it mine you were ment to be quoting ? :happy:

The author of this article isn't saying we were cheated out of the cup.

They are alluding that we were involved in the cheating by loosing the final. And questioning Murray's character since his business empire was crumbling.

Manchester would have exploded that night if we had scored a goal, not to have a bash in the one off final was imo shocking, as soon as i seen Novo was on the bench and Hendami sp? was playing my heart sank as i knew it was going to be backs to the wall stuff.

I think the article is saying that they bribed Bayern to get through to play us, they didn't need to bribe us, just Bayern, all they had to do was beat us which they did and could do without bribing us.

:lol: Bayern probably needed the money. They are skint after all :lol:

The author of this article isn't saying we were cheated out of the cup.

They are alluding that we were involved in the cheating by loosing the final. And questioning Murray's character since his business empire was crumbling.

The author of the article is quite clearly a visitor from another planet if he believes that.