panorama tonite

just watchin panorama tonite it was about problems with supporters in poland and ukraine.Was wondering how some of the worst racist anti semetic supporters in europe get fines of up to £1000 and nothing else yet we get tens of thousands of pounds in fines and threatened ground closure for one song.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we ever get any fine to do with our bad behaviour, we should simply go to UEFA/SFA offices, erect a large screen and show them the Ukraine section of that problem. Then we walk off, giving them the vickies

Utterly ludicrous how inconsistent the governance of the game is.

Was shocking to see that with it being down en masse and with plod standing by and doing fuck all. UEFA have legitimised the culture of racism and hooliganism within the football fans in those two countries, shame on them. Mind you there's racism in Spain and Italy, 2 of the leading European powerhouses of soccer, and it happens regularly and again nothing is done and no sanctions are forthcoming. While the billy boys is not exactly going to win any awards for PC football song of the year it is far less offensive than what I saw on that program tonight.

Can understand Ukraine but where are the polski's getting their money from?

The UK !!!..LOLOL

I watched some of the programme, but look at whats been happening in Turkey / Italy / Poland / Russia over the years regarding thier fans and nothing really gets done about it. We sing a few songs and get fined, threatend with games to be played behind closed doors etc etc..

Look at the trouble the English teams have when they go to euro games. Yes some of the clubs in England have their own problems, but you don't see them killing turkish / Italian fans when they visit old trafford / emeriates / stamford bridge etc etc..But most likely an English fans will get sereverly beaten or killed when they visit these countries. Buy Uefa / Fifa do nothing apart from issue some threats that they don't act upon !!

They say they tackle racism but correct me if I am wrong but isn't there a team competing regularly in UEFA competitions that blatantly refuse to sign coloured players and as far as I am aware have only received fines of a fraction of that incurred by rangers for the singing of TBB by rangers fans and that was for racist chanting not discrimatory signing policy.

It's the age old problem for us. In UEFA's eyes we are small fry and are there to be hammered at every turn.

I also watched News at Ten and a report on the Ukraine police where 90% of the population stated that they were corrupt and that fans going to the tournament were in more danger from the police than from local fans.

But sing TBB and by God UEFA will bring out their righteous hammer and bludgeon us!

Time we as a Club stood up to uefa fare and those corrupt shysters the SFA.

We backed down to easy from them, and that documentry, which was far more superior with hard hitting evidence than the BBC Scotland Pantomime.

Those Fans are scum and those teams should be banned until they sort thier security and segragation out.Disgusting.And to think our stupid pathetic Govt got involved with our Game .Quite sad.

Because we are up against catholic bigots, they are up against common sense. It is very simple. Mass persecution.

This!

Were the scenes at Tynecastle the night TLB was run at not similar?

Action taken?

No feckin chance!

Same demographic to which you refer involved.

'Move along, nothing to see here.........'

It is equivalent to the punishment neil lennon got for running on to a national stadium an verbally abusing a match official, and the one they will hand down to pat fenton. If pat fenton gets any more than dont do it again, then hibs fans can surely use the word corrupt too.

From what I have experienced, the UK's problems with fans is minimal these days compared to most other European countries and in South America its a joke

At the risk of sounding paranoid, what has been happening to us is quite obviously been put on an agenda due to the pressure put on the knobs at UEFA by you know who.

They haven't even been subtle about it but they will reap what they sow.....they get more bitter by the day and hopefully they will timplode soon so everyone can actually see what they are all about

Neo Nazism in Eastern Europe is nearly at epidemic level and is shown through the football.

Mentalist played in Europe this season and their fans had white power banners.

Legia Warsaw had a black dummy hanging from a rope a couple of seasons ago and nothing is said or done yet we sing a song with no sectarian words in it and we're fined and threatened with bans.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm something smells fishy and i don't mean the contents of Baldricks apple crumble.