Decision on Transfer Embargo goes in Rangers Favour

scottyc06

Justice prevails for once in this whole sham. The SFA seem to think they can make the rules up as they go along to suit their own agenda.

The key issue now is what the SFA changes the sanctions to. We're either going to be suspended from the Scottish Cup for a year or kicked out of the league, and I'm not sure how much we can trust this lot.

Well they can make rules up, but they have to be passed by whatever % of the membership is required to pass those rules at an agm or egm. The so called panel appointed to deal with Rangers is the one that cannot make up any rules and can only use those options actually available to them. In fact it could even go as far as to suggest that, have given this illegal ruling beyond the scope of their powers, the panel have invalidated any ruling they have given and therefore a new panel should have to be convened.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So basically, the transfer embargo hasn't been fully lifted and it's gone back to the panel to decide on what happens next?

Sanctions available were fine, expulsion from game, not allowed to play in Scottish Cup or termination of membership.

Despite the ruling, Rangers are still unable to sign players as they are under a separate registration embargo imposed by the Scottish Premier League for being in administration.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/103765-rangers-win-court-of-session-appeal-against-scottish-fa-signing-ban/

Was anyone really questioning that embargo? This is fantastic news. Its a shame to put a bitter taste on things by trying to exaggerate something that's been common knowledge since the 14th of February.

Well they can make rules up, but they have to be passed by whatever % of the membership is required to pass those rules at an agm or egm. The so called panel appointed to deal with Rangers is the one that cannot make up any rules and can only use those options actually available to them. In fact it could even go as far as to suggest that, have given this illegal ruling beyond the scope of their powers, the panel have invalidated any ruling they have given and therefore a new panel should have to be convened.

The judge referred it back to the appeal panel. They can refer it back to the original panel if they so wish.

Was anyone really questioning that embargo? This is fantastic news. Its a shame to put a bitter taste on things by trying to exaggerate something that's been common knowledge since the 14th of February.

wow , i didnt realise i worked at stv

The judge referred it back to the appeal panel. They can refer it back to the original panel if they so wish.

Yeah I know, but I was just extending the reasoning that if the original panel have gone beyond their remit and acted illegally, which they have, then they aren't fit to do the job really. Of course the judge didn't actually say that, but he possibly could have. Probably.

Yeah I know, but I was just extending the reasoning that if the original panel have gone beyond their remit and acted illegally, which they have, then they aren't fit to do the job really. Of course the judge didn't actually say that, but he possibly could have. Probably.

Definitely. :D

I wasn't having a go at you. Poor wording on my part.

no worries :)

tense times all round

just another downer thought though

if sfa decide to expel from us league...green walks away...no cva .......dont kill me....this will be worst case scenario

On the subject of Rangers not being permitted to take the SFA to civil court under FIFA rules, I was under the impression that the legal action was taken by Duff and Phelps and not the Football Club. If someone could confirm this?

On the subject of Rangers not being permitted to take the SFA to civil court under FIFA rules, I was under the impression that the legal action was taken by Duff and Phelps and not the Football Club. If someone could confirm this?

Were D&P found guilty of bringing the game into disrepute?

D&P are the agents of RFC plc while its in administration. They can run the company, sell assets and bring / defend actions in its name.

Great news but the FIFA will not like this, the case has been referred back to the SFA to uplift the ban but FIFA want them to punish us for going to an ordinary court. I'm happy but this is far from finished.