Why Are We Hated In Scotland

minstral

my opinion is that it has absolutly nothing to do with envy or football it is polotics.the taig want independence and we are the one and only institution in scotland that stand for the union.if they get rid of us then there is no opposition.might sound a bit ott but this has been a deliberate and nonstop attack on our club

Look, you're only saying what many of us are thinking. If the Rangers fall, the Union may be next.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my opinion is that it has absolutly nothing to do with envy or football it is polotics.the taig want independence and we are the one and only institution in scotland that stand for the union.if they get rid of us then there is no opposition.might sound a bit ott but this has been a deliberate and nonstop attack on our club

This.

Add the fact that no-one at higher club level, media level or political level has the balls to stand up & tell it how it is, for fear of being branded a bigot or racist. To many anti-everything British in places of power in this country.

The Union will never fall,

I'd say more than 50% of Scotland are either Rangers fans or loyalists, today was another sign that we are the dominant people in this country.

Aye but what we're saying is that we're more than just a football club, we are the anchor and pillar of loyalism. Rangers give these values strength and presence.

The Union will never fall,

I'd say more than 50% of Scotland are either Rangers fans or loyalists, today was another sign that we are the dominant people in this country.

You cannot make either statement with any true conviction. The union is under threat and we are being outnumbered in all walks of life by others.

Well they've failed big time then, I don't know anyone who is a Rangers fan and ashamed of it. I also think they hate us because we're the best team and We Are The People. Also their plastic paddy politics.

there are no rangers fans that are ashamed of being a rangers fan but the point minstral is making i think is the media are trying to demonise rangers and stop any young people from forming the same bond we have with our club

Why does what you say sound OTT? Such things are possible, and such things are plausible in politics. The attack on the club, the fans is concerted; concerted enough for your opinion to be substantiated as it being an effort to be against Rangers.

not ott to me mate but there are lots on here that scream paranoid the minute you post something that stirs the pot

there are no rangers fans that are ashamed of being a rangers fan but the point minstral is making i think is the media are trying to demonise rangers and stop any young people from forming the same bond we have with our club

Ok I didn't know that's what he was getting at. Maybe he has a point but I still see plenty of young Gers kickin about but I dunno if numbers are falling.

Success. Simple as that. 5 Stars above the badge says it all. Nothing to do with being protestant. I doubt 90% of Bears have set foot in a church in the last 10 years, let alone belive in god. I certainly don't know anyone that god/does.

Success. Simple as that. 5 Stars above the badge says it all. Nothing to do with being protestant. I doubt 90% of Bears have set foot in a church in the last 10 years, let alone belive in god. I certainly don't know anyone that god/does.

I thought just having a season ticket made me a prody

Brothers remember in this small country we live in which is part of the United Kingdom there are approximately just over 5 million bodies, if we split it down, there are just under 1 million followers of Rome. We are and always will be the ruling majority. That is why the scum make all the noise. They are all well balanced people...a chip on each shoulder. WATP and always will be

I would say it is nothing to do with OF rivalry; I would also say it is not really a Celtic thing either. There is a mood for Independence in Scotland, and perhaps the amount of Rangers fans who celebrate their Britishness is not entirely welcome in some quarters. I am getting increasingly surprised how unpopular Rangers are with many more fans than Celtic fans. I have relationships with Celtic fans in my day to day life and a lot of the rivalry seems tame compared to what can be had in other parts of Scotland from fans outwith the OF. Scotland is changing; we might not like that, but it is changing in an increasing way that the outcome of where the country is going seems out of sync with the celebration of the Union you may see at Ibrox every second Saturday.

I have gave this some thought, and please don't confine me to being a tarrier, I have done three tours of NI and know the score, but having served with many fans out with Rangers or selik. they hate us both equally, they don't see the SFA as being corrupt in any way against us, in fact they see it as being corrupt in our favour, they see the transfer embargo as an injustice and think it should have been far worse, and the fact wee cry about it makes them angrier that wee are trying to bully our way of what should be a simple relegation to the third division, and as far as they are concerned nothing but expulsion is good enough.

they see the whole set up as being corrupt in the old firms interest, and they also think we are a paranoid bunch of bigots, that can't see the bigger picture, they don't give one feck if we are prod or tarrier

it is nothing to do with jealousy either, they just want a fair even playing field, and they don't see that at the moment

They want to be us.

Cannot stop talking about us, obsessing about us, slagging us, singing about us, and trying to bring us down to their level.

We have and always will be the best. No one will ever beat us. I'm enjoying the fact everyone is kicking us just now because when we roar back, our bite will be that tiny bit sweeter.

No one likes us and we don't care.

Jealousy. They want to be what we are. They want to win what we've won and experience what we've experienced. There isn't a team/supporter in the country that doesn't want to be #1, have the best stadium, play in front of 50,000 most weeks and play regularly in Europe past the first of August.

I have gave this some thought, and please don't confine me to being a tarrier, I have done three tours of NI and know the score, but having served with many fans out with Rangers or selik. they hate us both equally, they don't see the SFA as being corrupt in any way against us, in fact they see it as being corrupt in our favour, they see the transfer embargo as an injustice and think it should have been far worse, and the fact wee cry about it makes them angrier that wee are trying to bully our way of what should be a simple relegation to the third division, and as far as they are concerned nothing but expulsion is good enough.

they see the whole set up as being corrupt in the old firms interest, and they also think we are a paranoid bunch of bigots, that can't see the bigger picture, they don't give one feck if we are prod or tarrier

it is nothing to do with jealousy either, they just want a fair even playing field, and they don't see that at the moment

English fans think thed towards man u. Spanish fans think its bias towards Barca and Real. Its always biased towards the big teams. Funny that.

Jealousy. They want to be what we are. They want to win what we've won and experience what we've experienced. There isn't a team/supporter in the country that doesn't want to be #1, have the best stadium, play in front of 50,000 most weeks and play regularly in Europe past the first of August.

I get what you are saying, but every fan of the other clubs I talk to don't see it that way, they remember the early 80's when only 10 or 12 thousands were attending games, and they reckon wee bought success in the years ahead has brought nothing but glory hunters to the Rangers cause, then they talk about things that are never reported in the media but are out there if you look hard enough, I find it hard to argue with them when what they say is true

I get what you are saying, but every fan of the other clubs I talk to don't see it that way, they remember the early 80's when only 10 or 12 thousands were attending games, and they reckon wee bought success in the years ahead has brought nothing but glory hunters to the Rangers cause, then they talk about things that are never reported in the media but are out there if you look hard enough, I find it hard to argue with them when what they say is true

Then look harder at your rebuttal. See the committees ands rule makers who are biased towards the old firm, do you know which clubs they represent? The ones who they are allegedly biased against. That in itself doesn't make sense. The biggest criticism of Scottish Footballs leaders has long been that there are too many cooks. All these people don't work for Rangers and Celtic. They work for Hearts, East Fife, Brechin, Cove Rangers, Spartans, All of te other member clubs of the SFA.

Now are you trying to tell me that these people are biased against their OWN clubs?