What would you rename Murray Park?

BlueMe

403 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Charles Green? Should Murray Park be renamed?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, what would you rename Murray Park?

• Moses McNeil Academy
    • Davie Cooper Academy
    • Other?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If ff have any say it will be renamed Dingwall Park to appease that Fat twat

There already is a Dingwall park in Ross-shire - it's full of fat ducks and empty Jaffa Cake boxes........sounds about right.....

Whether you question his timing/motives, I think Green is right...it's long over due this! Lets face it, Murray wasn't that keen on having it named after him anyway!

It's a win win situation if you go for any of the sensible names suggested so far!

Moses McNeil Academy or Founding Fathers academy sounds about right to me!! (tu)

The Rangers School of Footballing Excellence and Youth Development Dinny worry we'll no shag yer weans

hehehe

For me it has to be something that encompasses the founding fathers w/o them we'd have no Rangers, coops was a legend but players come and go. The pioneers made it all possible, Coops, Gazza, Laudrup etc...

My head went for Moses McNeil Academy.....

Then I had a look over other peoples posts. It does make sense that it probably shouldn't be aligned towards any one player. If any of the founders what about the others? But if its a player of the modern era why Cooper over Baxter, for example, as someone else mentioned.

I like the thought of it just being Gallant Park or Pioneer Park.

I voted The Davie Cooper Academy for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, Murray Park is not the home of Rangers, so in my opinion, naming a facility after one of the founding fathers belongs in Ibrox, our home.

Secondly, DC was my greatest footballing hero as a youngster and to me he epitomised Rangers. He is a legend and a role model that all players, youth and first team, could learn from.

But with such a wide age band of Rangers supporters, a lot of people will have their own opinion on who is most deserved of this honour.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.......

I voted The Davie Cooper Academy for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, Murray Park is not the home of Rangers, so in my opinion, naming a facility after one of the founding fathers belongs in Ibrox, our home.

Secondly, DC was my greatest footballing hero as a youngster and to me he epitomised Rangers. He is a legend and a role model that all players, youth and first team, could learn from.

But with such a wide age band of Rangers supporters, a lot of people will have their own opinion on who is most deserved of this honour.

Just my opinion for what it's worth.......

Another cracking point :clap:

For me it has to be The Davie Cooper Acadamy.

For me it would be because he was a Shining Light through a Dark period , and sometimes pulled the Team through ,with his Skill and Technique ,which was sublime at times.

Sure there where other greats I witnessed like Slim Jim , Laudrop and Wee Willie Henderson,along with many others , but because of the period he was there he Shone like a Star in the Dark.

I think Moses McNeil would be a good name but why leave out the other founders.

I'd rather recognise the work of someone like Walter Smith or even Ally McCoist after what he has done this season (and being our all-time top goalscorer)