What would you rename Murray Park?

BlueMe

403 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Charles Green? Should Murray Park be renamed?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, what would you rename Murray Park?

• Moses McNeil Academy
    • Davie Cooper Academy
    • Other?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the clubs charity foundation not getting as much attention as it normally would,for the next year we could name it after our international partner UNICEF,then once the dust has settled we could decide if/what we want to change it to then.

I always thought it should of been named after advocatte as it was him that got the place built.

If I have to choose from one of the options it would be cooper, I dont remember him but iv heard a lot about him and he is a true legend.

I dont think it is fair to name it after just one of the founding fathers and the founding fathers would be a good tribute but it just doesnt have a ring to it when you say it.

Smith and mccoist should defo be in with a shout but I like somthing like,

The glasgow rangers training school of footballing excellence or the glasgow rangers footballing accademy

I always thought it should of been named after advocatte as it was him that got the place built.

If I have to choose from one of the options it would be cooper, I dont remember him but iv heard a lot about him and he is a true legend.

I dont think it is fair to name it after just one of the founding fathers and the founding fathers would be a good tribute but it just doesnt have a ring to it when you say it.

Smith and mccoist should defo be in with a shout but I like somthing like,

The glasgow rangers training school of footballing excellence or the glasgow rangers footballing accademy

To be honest i see no point in renaming it. For good or bad David Murrays name will always be written into our history, changing the name of a training facility is not going to change that, nor should it. Sweeping things away in the hope of re-writing our proud clubs history is not what we do, and by trying to bury his name we are doing just that. Murray wil be brought to task for what has happened at our club and we should never forget what he has led us into, nor will we. Renaming the facility seems like a way to appease those who would rather not see this whole thing through to a final conclusion when Murray admits his wrongdoing adn we get satisfaction from any punishments that may also be levied. This is a quick fix to bury his naem and leave him be without proper recourse. This is the same as people wanting Le Guens picture removed from the halls in Argyll house and anywhere else it displays in Ibrox. We learn from our mistakes and these types of things, pictures, names etc are there to remind us of the times when we have been down but emerged stronger, taking the bastards on, on our own.

“Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers”