What would you rename Murray Park?

BlueMe

403 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with Charles Green? Should Murray Park be renamed?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If yes, what would you rename Murray Park?

• Moses McNeil Academy
    • Davie Cooper Academy
    • Other?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ted McMinn Football Academy

just kiddin', now i loved watching Davie Cooper playing as a kid, he was my favourite player back then and i respect the idea of naming it after one of the founders of Rangers but i like the idea of simply returning it back to the original name of the area, Auchenhowie.

The founding fathers just doesnt work for me, yes we as the fans should and are very proud of them but if you think about trying to make rangers a larger global brand somthing like the glasgow rangers academy of footballing excellence or with a sponser the tennents glasgow rangers football academy sounds a lot better, rangers is a worldwide known club, moses mcneil, davie cooper as much.as they are legends to us are not and as a player I would much rather be saying I came thru the ranks at the rangers accademy which instantly makes people listen than having to explain the other options before people say oh yea rangers, they are massive.

Tend to agree it should be the rangers academy and if we can find a sponsor to help invest in the playing staff then so much the better. After all whats in a name as long as it doesn't have murray attatched to it after what he's done to the club. Oh and before any one suggests it no I dont think we should change the name of Ibrox would be a waste of time anyway every one would still call it Ibrox.

Murray Park should not be renamed. It should remain as a monument to the perils of mismanagement.

How ironic that whyte sold Arsenal shares, a club that is often pilloried for lack of silverware but is debt less in a new stadium and making fortunes every home game.

Not sure either sound right as they are. McNeill Academy or Cooper Academy sound better imo.

Why academy?

There's Nothing academic about the place!

I voted Moses McNeill but to be honest, no one actually knows how much he actually did in getting the club up and running, especially when you have other "Founding Fathers" there who for all we know, could have been more influential.

Not taking anything away from McNeill obviously, just I'd like to be reflective of history and give everyone who got our team going the recognition they deserve after so long of under appreciation.

So, I'd like something along the lines of:

Founding Fathers Memorial Park

Or to that effect.

I would persoanaly love it to be named after Davie Cooper !

He died too young and was a Rangers man through and through.

was with motherwell when he died though, too many greats and some better than cooper.