Gers could sign new players before exiting Administration

North Rd

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess youd have to ask those fans he had the meeting with, guess someone hasnt been able to keep quite.

However:

"But SPL rules state that, with board approval, clubs in administration may replace players whose contracts expire.

"If you are correct, that is an avenue open to the club," Green told BBC Scotland on Sunday.

Sounds like the BBC sowing ideas rather than a statement from Green.

what about this- Green also referred to a £10m stadium-naming deal with "an airline investor or alternative".

"I've been speaking to a number of people, some of whom are connected to our investors, some not," he added.

"I've said all along, stadium-naming is an emotive issue, but whatever we do it would always be Ibrox Stadium."

You dont even know the sponsor so how can it be controversial, unless you are against exploiting that source of potential income.

It doesn't matter who it is. The low amount quoted, if it is not an annual income, and the fact it is the renaming of our famous old ground is controversial enough. I am all for exploiting all revenue possibilities but a one off £10m seems pathetic for such a good brand. If it is a regular income stream then that is a different story. (tu)

Ten million is a lot to rename the stadium having said that it would still always be Ibrox anyway but the cash now could be very very useful. That deal alone makes our shortfall disappear so we could potentially keep all our players would be brilliant from that point of view.

It doesn't matter who it is. The low amount quoted and the fact it is the renaming of our famous old ground is controversial enough. I am all for exploiting all revenue possibilities but £10m seems pathetic for such a good brand. (tu)

What makes it a good brand? The reality is that companies far greater than Rangers are loosing sponsors hand over fist as marketing budgets are slashed to improve shrinking bottom lines. We really have to take some of the emotion out of this and look at it from investors point of view. Given the entrenched bigotry of the Scottish media how do you think their input on Rangers paint our image?

What makes it a good brand? The reality is that companies far greater than Rangers are loosing sponsors hand over fist as marketing budgets are slashed to improve shrinking bottom lines. We really have to take some of the emotion out of this and look at it from investors point of view. Given the entrenched bigotry of the Scottish media how do you think their input on Rangers paint our image?

What makes Rangers FC, the worlds most successful club and the countries biggest and most famous club, a good brand? Are you for real? I know all about the media and their agenda, thankfully they are not doing our sales pitch to potential investors! (tu)