EPL Sell UK Rights For 2013-2016

It will likely be getting towards double that figure once the overseas, web and highlights packages are auctioned off.

yes but is that not SKY/BT that sell those rights? so they pay 3 billion and then they rake in the cash by selling here and worldwide.

Wonder what the team that finishes bottom will get now then? Pretty sure it was roughly 30m.

Yet we get about 3m for winning the SPL

Think it was about £48m over 4 years so basically £12m a year for being an utter failure in the top division.

Fucking disgusting.

Each club will be on about £50m a year at least.

The table from 2010/11 they were all getting roughly £40m up to £60m for the year.

Barca and Real get over £120m a year by being able to sell their own rights I'm sure. If the big EPL clubs ever get their way to sell their own abroad rights they will be making that as well.

You have to remember, on top of this new deal the foreign contract will also start to be renegotiated. It wouldn't surprise me, if by the time all the contracts are sorted, the team finishing bottom of the league will claim close to 60m (plus parachute payments of around 20m per year for three season's)

i presume that espn will keep some games seeing as the ESPN UK brand is owned by BSkyB?

Nope, they have no prem football. However given the fact they are backed by Disney, they won't disappear. I expect them to bid - and probably win - the rights to the NFL and possibly La Liga. Plus they will be sniffing around the Football League and maybe the SPL when those contracts come up.

They will however have to reduce the subscription cost to maybe £6 per month. Very few would pay £10+ per month for the NFL etc.

In a strange way though, if you love sport, I think its fair to say with Sky, ESPN and now BT, pretty much everything will now be covered - although sadly we will all be ripped off.

yes but is that not SKY/BT that sell those rights? so they pay 3 billion and then they rake in the cash by selling here and worldwide.

Eh no, Its the Premier League that sells the overseas rights and keeps the money. It will raise a further £3 billion at least

Means subscription charges will go up... Maybe people will cancel their subscriptions when it becomes to dear and the arse will fall out of it.

I don't watch much EPL anyway, as long as the Bundesliga stays on ESPN I'll be happy!