Walter Smith to try and buy Rangers

Dunny_01

When i first read the O.P. this morning i had a hope it would be true

Well sir i say "thank you" and a heartily "well done" for giving your fellow bears some hope to cling to in our darkest hours.

Good to know who to trust in future.

This has to happen.

Green will not be easy to move though.

I think he will. The threat of supporters not buying season tickets, and even occupying Ibrox, will be enough for Green to do a deal a go.

Sir Walter :praise: :praise:

Brilliant news. Almost in tears hearing it.

No animosity towards green though. He's done nothing wrong but hopefully he does the right thing.

How appropriate there was an advert on SSN there with bob marley's don't worry bout a thing in it . :lol:

No reason he and his consortium can't put in money which would be refunded with a share issue. Every little helps.

Well, people are not going to be happy if Green still takes over after this.

All the same, Walter has stepped up, fantastic stuff from a fantastic man.

The only way he would take uis over is if he agrees a price to sell it to Smith straight away.

The club is worthless without the fans, he wouldn't have the fans. Green buying the club is one fo the only curcimstances people like myself, and probably you, would not buy a season ticket next year

ok so I am up to speed here

I know whyte agreed to give his shares to green, is that deal done and dusted IE green is the beneficial owner of the shares and can agree this deal with Walters gang

or is that irrelevant on the fact that we will be a newco so the oldco shares are totally worthless?

If ally threatens to walk, the players may refuse to move to newco too, forcing green out. Wishful thinkin i know...

Hopefully it won't come to this however it is a valid option - fuck, if Green refuses to step aside after hearing this news i'll go & remove him myself, shortly before I cast a statue of Sir Watty & erect it outside Ibrox myself!

:sherlock:

At least we'll have no more of the infighting, Walter will recieve universal backing from the entirety of the Rangers support.

Also, I think we should start a thread where Dunny makes one post and everyone reps as a thank you for the hope he brought.

So many doubters proved wrong again, the usual suspects I may add...Green is history, he knows that already, the hostility he would endure if he does not step aside is there for all to see in Walters statement..Walter has had to wait a long time to show his hand..I think he has Just laid out a royal flush..

Walter wants to buy us, Laudrup wants to coach free of charge, SKY are heaping on the pressure to keep Rangers in the SPL..

Nae luck lurkers.....

Call me a big fucking cynic if you will however let's be honest, if Walter and his backers were in Green's shoes we'd all be pretty despondent right now, so they've waited until Green talks the brunt of the CVA failure and then walks in to rescue the day.

Regardless of the motives behind it all, PR stunt or otherwise. I'd would rather have Walter and Scottish businessmen behind it.

Let's hope Green makes a statement quickly about it.