Team GB?

There will be no Scottish or Northern Irish players in the men's British Olympic football squad when it is announced on Monday.

BBC Scotland has learned that manager Stuart Pearce will list 18 players from England and Wales.

Fifteen of the squad must be under 23, with Ryan Giggs, Craig Bellamy and Micah Richards the three permitted overage players.

None of the England players at Euro 2012 were considered.

Four reserve players will also be put on stand-by, should anyone withdraw from the squad.

There were Scots, including Steven Fletcher and Barry Bannan, on Pearce's shortlist of 35 players.

The Scottish Football Association, along with their Northern Irish and Welsh counterparts, have taken no direct involvement with Team GB and have made it clear they do not want their players involved for fear of risking their countries' separate identities in world football.

But they cannot block players from participating.

Team GB were drawn in Group A at London 2012 alongside Senegal, Uruguay and United Arab Emirates.

They begin their Olympic campaign against Senegal at Old Trafford on 26 July before facing the United Arab Emirates at Wembley on 29 July, and Uruguay at the Millennium Stadium on 1 August.

Source BBC Scotland

Team GB is out to win this, wouldn't have expected much from Scotland or Norn.Ireland to be honest. Barry Bannan was the most likely in my book, biut only as a reserve/bench player.

Good luck to them. But couldn't care too much to be honest.

I cant bring myself to care about this. I don't think I'd open my curtains if Olympic football was being played in my back garden.

Re the whole Team GB controversy; the SFA are cunts but to be honest in this they might actually be right. FIFA are one of the most corrupt and untrustworthy organisations imaginable. If they say that the home nations are "safe" despite the precedent, I'd be inclined to believe the exact opposite.

Plenty tickets still available for Hampden. Great chance for anti sfa banners with world wide tv audience, and in their own backyard too. Maybe some of the thousands outside Ibrox the other night could pop along and actually do some good for our club.

Plenty tickets still available for Hampden. Great chance for anti sfa banners with world wide tv audience, and in their own backyard too. Maybe some of the thousands outside Ibrox the other night could pop along and actually do some good for our club.

This is a good call.