Malcolm Murray apologises to Scottish football

RANGERS chairman Malcolm Murray has apologised to Scottish football on behalf of the club for the problems the Light Blues' financial crisis has caused in recent months.

Even though the current regime at Ibrox has nothing to say sorry for, he feels it is only right to do so and he spoke with humility at the training ground today.

Appointed into his new position towards the end of last month, Murray has moved to express regret at the way things have unfolded in one of his first acts at the helm.He spoke at Murray Park this morning and you can see David Melvin's interview with him now on RangersTV.tv for free if you register on the website first.

Murray said: "The last few months have been extremely difficult for everyone at Rangers - staff, players and, most importantly, the supporters of the club who have been magnificent in the face of adversity.

"That said, all of us within the Rangers family are acutely aware that events at our club, brought about by people who are no longer here, have triggered a crisis in Scottish football.

"Ally McCoist, the staff and players have nothing to apologise for but the club needs to make an apology. It is only right that someone at Rangers expresses our sorrow and regret.

"On behalf of the new board of directors, I apologise unreservedly to all for the distress, disruption and difficulty inflicted on the football community, caused entirely by the actions of people who failed miserably to act responsibly during their stewardship of Rangers.

"All of Scottish football is now having to live with the consequences of that behaviour and every true Rangers fan will consider it a matter of deep regret that events at our club in the past have been the root cause of an extremely difficult time for Scottish football.

"The people who are now running Rangers Football Club want the club to move forward but we cannot do so until we have recognised how damaging to football has been the crisis at our club.

"We want to rebuild Rangers but we also want to ensure the club plays a role that is beneficial to Scottish football, the Scottish economy and Scottish life in general."

http://www.rangers.c...article/2830556

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry but I don't think we should be apologising to all of Scottish football for our actions. F*ck that, if they have a problem let them solve it, they are doing nothing to help us, in fact the bastards are screwing us into the ground.

The only apology The Rangers should be making is to us the fans who afterall are the lifeblood of the club. This looks like the opening shot in a grovelling to the SPL mhob.

Charlie boy, get this sorted we run our own club and f*ck the SPHell.

:anguish:

He needn't apologise for me or The Rangers, if he wants to apologise for the actions of individuals that is up to him, but keep The Rangers out of it we have done nothing wrong.

There is something suicidal about loading your enemies guns for them and then inviting them to administer the coup de grace.

If anychunt says this statement is out of order and adds to the green hatred for trying to make any peace, DAFTIES.

I say this as iv read any apology and I'm done today already, see ya

I was about to get very, very angry there...............but I'm not. The man spoke well.

Same here. Not a grovelling to the scum apology but apologising for the actions of individuals who have put our great club in this situation, very dignified. The Rangers way.

for fuck sake.

is this green and the new regimes efforts to try and crawl back into the SPL with a fucking reserve side?

maybe theres truth to the sun article on us bending over with our cheeks spread to get back into this fucking league and keep everyone afloat.

CHARLES GREEN, MALC MURRAY.....LESSON NO.1

NO SURRENDER

I think this current "regime" at Rangers has at least made moves to gain the trust of the support, unlike Murray and Bain who hid from criticism instead of challenging it. My comfort level with Green etc has grown in the past couple of days, hopefully there will be some good news tomorrow and I will feel a bit better about things.

In the interests of fairness I await the same from Motherwell, Dundee, and Gretna. or is it only us that once again seem to pander to the braying masses.

Lets be sensible here...........Dundee, Motherwell and Gretna could all disappear forever and nobody would really notice. Rangers meltdown affects everybody, because they all live of our scraps.

Thats what it boils down to.........they all depend on our club, and as Malcolm Murray so eloquently pointed out, the actions of the previous custodians of Rangers has a domino effect that no other club would have caused.

We've done nothing wrong,but David Murray & Whyte have let everybody down, big style.