Lest we forget....Jock Wallace, a true Ranger

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh how i wish the Big Man was around today...the people who are kicking us while we're down would never have done it if Jock was here.

I wish that as well, he was one in a million looking back now him and Willie Waddell were a class act, on and off the park.

Absent Friends :praise:

Jock Wallace was a legend, a true Rangers man. His like is sorely missed in todays game.

His pre-season training was a sight to behold, he used to have them all throwing up on Gullane sands after making them run up and down the sand dunes.

R.I.P. big man

I was a teenager in the early 80s at a supporters player of the year dinner dance, Jock Wallace was guest of honour at the top table. After the speeches Big Jock took the mic and said a few words then proceeded to sing an old Scottish song and came to the chorus where he changed the words.. "THE CRY WAS NO SURRENDER, SURRENDER OR YOU'LL DIE". The place was in uproar and bears going mental and blasting out the old war cry.

As a young bear it was a privilige to have been there that night and old school what it was like to be in such company with real Rangers men.

Always in our thoughts Jock Wallace RFC.

Yes, a true great. The younger amongst us will not know the passion of men like this and their understanding of what being a Ranger was. I could not visualise the Whyte episode happening with big Jock at the club. I thank you for reminding me of this date to reflect on this icon.

i can still remember like yesterday being eleven and at hampden for the 76 cup final against hearts, jock was having a walk on the pitch before the game.

walked up to the rangers end and with no prompting gave us a clenched fist salute, the roar back from the bears was something ill never forget, its small things like that

you remember as a lad that stand you in good stead for the tough times when they come, i can think of loads of guys from they days no longer with us, relatives, friends

and men like jock wallace who would stand up to be counted in times like these. ill never forget them or let them down.......hail.gif