Will 3rd division become a farce?

UlsterFry

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This will not be a stroll in the park as every game will be a cup tie. Some of the away grounds will be pretty poor and some have artificial surfaces. Confidence is one thing, but arrogance can be costly. We have lost a lot of players. If the opposition score then nerves can start to jangle. Arbroath away last year wasn't quite as easy as the score-line makes out. They could and should have scored a couple in the first half with the chances they created. We could suffer from injuries or suspensions to key players and that could have a serious impact on the team.

Judging from common sense, and the feedback here, 2nd and 3rd division promotion is a formality...

What then in division 1? Stiffer competition, but by then, the team will have all embargo's lifted, increases in revenue and resources, so I would expect another year with a walk to the top.

I expect to see promotion every year. Not even a contest along the way. Not being a gloating cunt, seems the only sensible assessment.

Am I off my nut to claim that I see next year being one which sees an undefeated campaign?

We need 10 players before we can even think about winning that league, and people have us winning every game without conceding a goal. Have to admire the optimism. Im sure we will win it, but i dont think it will be a walk in the park. Whatever happens, it will be a nice change from scudding pish in the spl, and having they mhanky cunts polluting our stadium twice a season.

Division 3 = 30 to 35 points clear of the rest

Division 2 = 25 to 30 points clear of the rest

Division 1 = 15 to 25 points clear of the rest

SPL Season 1 = 2nd Place (just ahead of 3rd place)

SPL Season 2 = 2nd Place (just behind Celtic

SPL Season 3 = CHAMPIONS !!!

That is my prediction

People on here don't realise how shite 3rd division is some of them only get paid like £20 a week half the guys from my old school's football team play 3rd division football and they were shite not much better than I was ffs. Who cares if the other teams will treat it like a cup game over a whole season we should win almost every game I can only see us slippping up once or twice the players we will have will be professional footballers, international players a bad pitch is only going to do so much. I wouldn't be suprised if we didn't lose a game.

We need 10 players before we can even think about winning that league, and people have us winning every game without conceding a goal. Have to admire the optimism. Im sure we will win it, but i dont think it will be a walk in the park. Whatever happens, it will be a nice change from scudding pish in the spl, and having they mhanky cunts polluting our stadium twice a season.

whit are you for real?

Get it into your head that 3rd division is shitest of the fucking shite people are going to be in for a shock when they realise just how bad it is our u-19's who were crap last year would be at least mid table if not challenging near the top of the 3rd division.

whit are you for real?

Get it into your head that 3rd division is shitest of the fucking shite people are going to be in for a shock when they realise just how bad it is our u-19's who were crap last year would be at least mid table if not challenging near the top of the 3rd division.

It all depends who we sign. You imagine Jig and Wallace get injured early doors. Would you still be so confident? Like i said, im sure we'll pish it, but we need a squad against a league of butchers.

This will not be a stroll in the park as every game will be a cup tie. Some of the away grounds will be pretty poor and some have artificial surfaces. Confidence is one thing, but arrogance can be costly. We have lost a lot of players. If the opposition score then nerves can start to jangle. Arbroath away last year wasn't quite as easy as the score-line makes out. They could and should have scored a couple in the first half with the chances they created. We could suffer from injuries or suspensions to key players and that could have a serious impact on the team.

Spot on - I believe we will win the league comfortably, but contrary to some other opinions, the other teams will score a good few goals and there will be a few draws and a couple of upsets thrown in. We are travelling to many places with dodgy facilities and pitches and that is always a recipe for a hard time. As for Ibrox, it should be more straightforward........ hopefully!!

These guys are part timers, a kick in the arse of Junior football

i agree - i understand people not wanting to appear arrogant, but i feel we are pandering here. facts are, we should, and most likely will , hammer most teams

It all depends who we sign. You imagine Jig and Wallace get injured early doors. Would you still be so confident? Like i said, im sure we'll pish it, but we need a squad against a league of butchers.

aye because Andrew Little, Craig Beattie, Barrie McKay & Kane Hemmings are more than good enough to tear up the 3rd division. The one area we are lacking cover in is fullback with only Wallace and Broadfoot but we could still easily cope by putting Chris Hegarty or Darren Cole as a make shift left back.

As long as we get a chance to pick up a few players I think we'll win every league game next season. And the vast majority of them will be by more than 4 goals, we'll probably score 7,8 or 9 a few times and I can honestly say I think we'll let in less than ten goals all season. We might not even let in any. Itll be record attendances at every ground, record goals scored, fewest conceded and a record points haul. I suspect the biggest ever humping is coming some teams way and every one of them will probably take there heaviest ever doing. Almost feel sorry for the diddies, it's one thing cuffing SPL diddies but 3rd div teams will be even easier. The Rangers fan in me is delighted but the sports fan would prefer a bit more of a challenge.

Fuck em though, they brought this on themselves.

aye because Andrew Little, Craig Beattie, Barrie McKay & Kane Hemmings are more than good enough to tear up the 3rd division. The one area we are lacking cover in is fullback with only Wallace and Broadfoot but we could still easily cope by putting Chris Hegarty or Darren Cole as a make shift left back.

just a little fyi - our fullbacks for the last few seasons have been Papac (who, whilst solid, is naturally a centre-half) and whittaker (who, whilst a complete dick, is naturally shit)

I think that people are giving to much disrespect to thIs division.

We have lost a huge number of players, we have skeleton club and the players we are bringing in will be playing together for the first time while trying to build up match fitness as we have had no pre-season to speak of.

Div3 will not be the cake-walk people think, we are a walking target for all other clubs, we are thier cup final, only 4 times a season, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying to beat us.

Also, we are doing managers jobs for them, who needs team talks when all they have to do us put up disrespectful comments from the Rangers support about who we will win every game by 3 or 4 goals, and the league by 50 points.

We need to get some perspective and some humility.

Rangers will win the Third Division and Second Division fairly easily (hopefully). However, in the cups those two seasons there is a chance against a Premier Division of a real painful result. By the time the embargo is lifted in the First Division there is a reasonable chance of winning one of the cups as well as the league. Certainly the Ramsdens Cup should be won by that third year. Fourth year should be between Rangers and Celtic as half the Premier Division this season will have been crippled beyond use.

Destroy all oppostion otherwise the media will jut take the opportunity to stick the boot in again.

I just hope that our management philosophy implements the same. If we become too complacent then we risk drops in performance, keep our performance levels up as we prepare to climb the leagues.

We have a chance to devlop ruthless attractive footballing styles.

If league is over by January we should loan loyal players like Wallace/Broadfoot/Goian out to Championship clubs.

Improves their Scotland/Romania chances, makes us a few quid, reduces wage bill and allows us to blood more U-17/U-19 players. Although I believe we should be blooding between 5 and 7 young players at a time anyway.

They all come back for start of Div 2. Repeat Jan 2014 if in the same position.

Fuck the Scottish national team with a Skelf ridden broom handle

I'm done with RFC helping this corrupt organisation.

I think that people are giving to much disrespect to thIs division.

We have lost a huge number of players, we have skeleton club and the players we are bringing in will be playing together for the first time while trying to build up match fitness as we have had no pre-season to speak of.

Div3 will not be the cake-walk people think, we are a walking target for all other clubs, we are thier cup final, only 4 times a season, they have nothing to lose and everything to gain by trying to beat us.

Also, we are doing managers jobs for them, who needs team talks when all they have to do us put up disrespectful comments from the Rangers support about who we will win every game by 3 or 4 goals, and the league by 50 points.

We need to get some perspective and some humility.

Quite a contradictory first line in comparison to the rest of ur post :D

am looking forward to this opportunity to remould our style of play. we have a couple of years to play sexy football. get the ball moving quick and in there faces because fitness will be a massive advantage.