You blasted us but do you know what..............

Full credit to East Stirlingshire and their fans for their contribution to yesterday's game. I'm sure that the fans and players of all the SFL3 clubs will enjoy coming to Ibrox, just as we will enjoy our visits to their home grounds. Football is back and it's going to be a good season.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should all be proud of your players and your supporters for their effort yesterday. Part-time players getting 5 goals put past them from a team like Rangers at Ibrox is far from being shamed, mate! :clap:

I hope the money your club will receive from playing the Rangers will go a long way to making life easier for East Stirlingshire.

Kudos to you all. :pipe:

Credit has to go to the Shire players and fans, only read this morning about the guy who had to go to tend to his ill father as well. The Shire fans were excellent and were a credit to their club and yes the players tirted towards the end but that is to be expected. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

Fair play to you fellas cracking effort but I will say one thing, if fucking Begg ever tackles another Rangers player the way he did Black, then you can all go fuck yourselves fucking dirty hatchet bastard should have been off the park.

.........I'm still immensely proud of my tiny club.

Even after your financial problems you still have the sort of money we can only gasp at.

We just have part timers.

But it was not double figures! We took Greenhill off at half time because his Father had died and he didn't feel up for the second half.

At the risk of ridicule I would like to mention the following:

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE

Ryan McWilliams: The 22-year-old goalkeeper joined on loan a fortnight ago from Albion Rovers after spells at Morton and Ayr United. He sat on the bench for the Honest Men against Kilmarnock in the Scottish Communities League Cup semi-final at Hampden. During the week he’s a care worker who also helps coach kids down at Morton.

Craig Hume: An electrician, Hume was playing amateur football until three months ago and at the age of 25 was happy doing so with friends until Shire manager John Coughlin invited him in for pre-season.

Nathan Shepherd: As a youngster he was on the books at Morton and played briefly in their first team before spending last season at Stranraer. The 20-year-old combines playing with his role as a Civil Servant within a Job Centre.

Ricky Miller: Rough and tumble centre-half whose job will be to win headers at Ibrox. The summer signing from East of Scotland side Vale of Leithen is a painter and decorator.

Steven Jackson: ‘Chico’ has been with the club since he was 17 after being spotted playing for a youth side after being released by St Johnstone. Now 19, he has become a regular in the Shire team and the club have high hopes for the player who is presently not working.

Rhys Devlin: Bank worker Devlin joined on loan from Airdrie last season before joining permanently in the summer. The 21-year-old has had the misfortune to be sent off four times in his career so far with his last dismissal coming in April at Hampden against Queen’s Park

David Greenhill: Head coach John Coughlin’s most ambitious capture of the season when he persuaded his former charge at Berwick Rangers to be the bright ‘spark’ in the Shire’s midfield. The 27-year-old fits the bill as he is a self-employed electrician.

Kevin Turner: The captain spends his time away from football delivering legal papers. An ex-Rangers youth player, he was picked up from amateur football a year ago and made skipper at the club.

Paul Quinn: Striker Quinn worked with Coughlin at Stenhousemuir and moved quickly to join him in the summer from Albion Rovers. Started his career at St Mirren, however he is now a care worker as opposed to a full-time footballer.

Scott Maxwell: Silky left-sided player who stepped up from Dalkieth Thistle just over a year ago. A joiner away from the football field, he won an SFL Goal of the Month award last term for a 45-yarder against Peterhead.

Craig Donaldson: Just returned to the club after more than a year out with an ankle injury. He is a fans’ favourite and also a favourite with customers throughout central Scotland where he works as delivery driver for kegs of beer.

thought you played well in the firts half, good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you get two home sell outs.

Even after your financial problems you still have the sort of money we can only gasp at.

But it was not double figures! We took Greenhill off at half time because his Father had died and he didn't feel up for the second half.

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE

Ryan McWilliams: The 22-year-old goalkeeper joined on loan a fortnight ago from Albion Rovers after spells at Morton and Ayr United. He sat on the bench for the Honest Men against Kilmarnock in the Scottish Communities League Cup semi-final at Hampden. During the week he’s a care worker who also helps coach kids down at Morton.

Craig Hume: An electrician, Hume was playing amateur football until three months ago and at the age of 25 was happy doing so with friends until Shire manager John Coughlin invited him in for pre-season.

Nathan Shepherd: As a youngster he was on the books at Morton and played briefly in their first team before spending last season at Stranraer. The 20-year-old combines playing with his role as a Civil Servant within a Job Centre.

Ricky Miller: Rough and tumble centre-half whose job will be to win headers at Ibrox. The summer signing from East of Scotland side Vale of Leithen is a painter and decorator.

Steven Jackson: ‘Chico’ has been with the club since he was 17 after being spotted playing for a youth side after being released by St Johnstone. Now 19, he has become a regular in the Shire team and the club have high hopes for the player who is presently not working.

Rhys Devlin: Bank worker Devlin joined on loan from Airdrie last season before joining permanently in the summer. The 21-year-old has had the misfortune to be sent off four times in his career so far with his last dismissal coming in April at Hampden against Queen’s Park

David Greenhill: Head coach John Coughlin’s most ambitious capture of the season when he persuaded his former charge at Berwick Rangers to be the bright ‘spark’ in the Shire’s midfield. The 27-year-old fits the bill as he is a self-employed electrician.

Kevin Turner: The captain spends his time away from football delivering legal papers. An ex-Rangers youth player, he was picked up from amateur football a year ago and made skipper at the club.

Paul Quinn: Striker Quinn worked with Coughlin at Stenhousemuir and moved quickly to join him in the summer from Albion Rovers. Started his career at St Mirren, however he is now a care worker as opposed to a full-time footballer.

Scott Maxwell: Silky left-sided player who stepped up from Dalkieth Thistle just over a year ago. A joiner away from the football field, he won an SFL Goal of the Month award last term for a 45-yarder against Peterhead.

Craig Donaldson: Just returned to the club after more than a year out with an ankle injury. He is a fans’ favourite and also a favourite with customers throughout central Scotland where he works as delivery driver for kegs of beer.

thought you played well in the firts half, good luck for the rest of the season and I hope you get two home sell outs.

I was impressed with East Strirlingshire (tu) At times you had our defence stretched and with a slightly better final ball you could have scored some more (tu)

With the chances we missed I think we should have scored more but having said that - the effort your boys put in I feel for them to lose by 4 (tu)

All the best for the season mate :clap:

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE

Ryan McWilliams: The 22-year-old goalkeeper joined on loan a fortnight ago from Albion Rovers after spells at Morton and Ayr United. He sat on the bench for the Honest Men against Kilmarnock in the Scottish Communities League Cup semi-final at Hampden. During the week he's a care worker who also helps coach kids down at Morton.

Steven Jackson: 'Chico' has been with the club since he was 17 after being spotted playing for a youth side after being released by St Johnstone. Now 19, he has become a regular in the Shire team and the club have high hopes for the player who is presently not working.

Rhys Devlin: Bank worker Devlin joined on loan from Airdrie last season before joining permanently in the summer. The 21-year-old has had the misfortune to be sent off four times in his career so far with his last dismissal coming in April at Hampden against Queen's Park

David Greenhill: Head coach John Coughlin's most ambitious capture of the season when he persuaded his former charge at Berwick Rangers to be the bright 'spark' in the Shire's midfield. The 27-year-old fits the bill as he is a self-employed electrician.

Craig Donaldson: Just returned to the club after more than a year out with an ankle injury. He is a fans' favourite and also a favourite with customers throughout central Scotland where he works as delivery driver for kegs of beer.

Your team did you proud.

I particularly liked the orange strip.......I expect you'll be branded as sectarian bigots now though.

Fair play to you fellas cracking effort but I will say one thing, if fucking Begg ever tackles another Rangers player the way he did Black, then you can all go fuck yourselves fucking dirty hatchet bastard should have been off the park.

He means it in the nicest possible way :unsure:

To be fair tho that was a stonking challenge. Lucky yellow.

Generic patronising post #42

Haha na, sounds like The Shire gave it their best. Didn't know about the lad who went off at half time, very sad. I just enjoy that your post, and the whole atmosphere surrounding the game isn't poisonous and full of hate. It's lovely just to play football and for both sides to have some respect for each other, rather than calling each other all the names under the sun. Best of luck for the season and we'll see you back at Ibroz soon (tu)

In response to the op.

Hold your head up and be proud of your team,

that was a very entertaining game the most enjoyable one I've seen for a long time, not many spl teams would have came to ibrox and had a go like your team did and your goalkeeper is a star in the making I honestly felt sorry for him when sandaza scored that was an incredible save he made from the header, adding that to some of the other stops he made the guy played a blinder and was unlucky to lose 5 goals.

As for the boy who tackled black ok it was a bad one but it's a mans game down here in the third division a bit of "blood and guts" only makes the game more enjoyable to watch in my opinion.

Best wishes for the rest of the season mate.