Rhys McCabe Explains Why He Quit

Tiebreak54

Bit harsh imho. He's not the finished article yet and wont get that in scottish lower leagues. Could hopefully return to rangers when back in SPL as a very decent player. Would most fans really want him to stay with rangers and not become the best player he could?

Nobody would have a problem if he transferred over and then left. It's the principle of the matter.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody would have a problem if he transferred over and then left. It's the principle of the matter.

Difficult situation for the lad if you ask me. There wouldn't have been any gauruntees that another club would have met ranger's valuation for him.

Difficult situation for the lad if you ask me. There wouldn't have been any gauruntees that another club would have met ranger's valuation for him.

The players had release clauses inserted after they agreed their wage cuts, so it wouldn't have been difficult to leave. That fact basically pisses all over the kind of sob stories they try to spin in the papers.

While I can at least see what you're saying, the club has been anything but difficult to deal with in regards to any players who have wished to leave since transferring over. Ally McCoist isn't the type of gaffer that, when we were placed in division 3, would have thought we had much of a fighting chance holding onto many of our players should they wish to depart.

Fair play to the lad surely. Its not like he's in the twilight of his career here. How would it help him to play in the fourth division of scottish football. He'd be seriously neglecting his career!!!

Definately, the best way for him to progress is by playing as much football as possible and by playing against decent opposition, he woudnt have progressed as a footballer playing the likes of peterhead and elgin city. He's too exciting a prospect to be playing inthe lower tiers of scottish football harsh but fair

Definately, the best way for him to progress is by playing as much football as possible and by playing against decent opposition, he woudnt have progressed as a footballer playing the likes of peterhead and elgin city. He's too exciting a prospect to be playing inthe lower tiers of scottish football harsh but fair

Are some folk just too thick to realise that the issue is NOT about believing they should have played in the third division?

The point I was making is that clearly the dislike is not about thinking the players should have played in division 3.

I know but these were uncertain times for the players , maybe if they had put pen to paper on a new deal at rangers english clubs wouldnt have been interested.

I know but these were uncertain times for the players , maybe if they had put pen to paper on a new deal at rangers english clubs wouldnt have been interested.

No new deal, would have simply been honouring their contracts, contracts with vastly reduced release clauses added in.

No new deal, would have simply been honouring their contracts, contracts with vastly reduced release clauses added in.

They probably should have done that but the hatred these young guys are getting is totally out of order IMO, the club going into liquidation was hardly their fault. They did what was right for themselves as im sure alot of people on here have done at one point in their lives. I hope macabe and ness do well at their new clubs, the only one who really got on my tits was lafferty, the big fucking tree that he is

They probably should have done that but the hatred these young guys are getting is totally out of order IMO, the club going into liquidation was hardly their fault. They did what was right for themselves as im sure alot of people on here have done at one point in their lives. I hope macabe and ness do well at their new clubs, the only one who really got on my tits was lafferty, the big fucking tree that he is

Guess you didn't see that press conference from Naismith and Whittaker then?