Rhys McCabe Explains Why He Quit

Tiebreak54

"The law on TUPE is very clear, he had a choice to make and took it, and must now live with the consequences".

I agree but I wish someone could explain why a fee was paid for Davis when he didn't TUPE. I don't know who (oldco/newco) has the legal right to that fee but thats another issue. Hard to believe that Southampton paid because "it was the right thing to do".

Southampton paid a fee so we wouldnt ask the SFA to withold his registration until it was decided if we were due a fee or not.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The boys probably had his ear bent and twisted that much by his ratbag agent who at the end of the day probably doesn't get any cut from a 'development compensation' fee. Plus if the lad TUPED over and a nominal fee was required his agent would've been telling him it might just be enough to scare away any potential clubs.

If he ever gets the chance to move on again for a large transfer fee - lets see how much of a rangers man he is and see if he hands a wee pot of cash back to Bobby Russell for the academy as a thanks for all that help.

Tony Pullis was quoted as saying - it's scandalous that i can pick a player up from Rangers like Ness for no fee ! but that's life sometimes. It's a Dog eat Dog it seems.

Southampton paid a fee so we wouldnt ask the SFA to withold his registration until it was decided if we were due a fee or not.

Is that the official explanation from Southampton? I thought temporary clearance was given (by FIFA) to the players until the matter is resolved. Not that important in the grand scheme of things but its difficult to accept a club parting with £800,000 unless its absolutely necessary. I wonder if the other clubs will eventually have to pay a fee.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/rhys-mccabe-i-wanted-to-stay-at-rangers.18653480

Starting to regret it big time are we? Coincidence its after 2 sell out home games and world wide press attention.

Nothing but pathetic excuses Rhys, you had a chance to be a legend immortalised in the history of Rangers, adored by hundreds of thousands of fans, instead you chose to sign for Sheffield Wednesday.

You had your chance, you won't be back. Don't blame anyone else for your decision to leave Rangers. We are not interested.

Did you think of Rangers who cared for you.....NO.

Did you think of yourself first............................YES

That makes you selfish.

Stop whining and never darken our door again.

Who the fuck doesn't think of themselves first? :lol:

Fuck off ya wee prick

My blood is boiling with rage at that wanker and ness

I'll fucking tell the wee prick how much I hate him if I ever bump into him

Wouldn't want to run into you in a dark alleyway.

Your words probably have him trembling in fear :lol:

Anti-Green propaganda, pure and simple. 'There was no communication' 'my hands were tied' 'if someone had just told me' blah, blah, blah - the club was dying Rhys, the consortium were busy saving the club you CLAIM to support.

You had not only weeks, but MONTHS to find a new club if things went badly wrong.

You dumped the club in their hour of need in favour of personal gain, yet you STILL continue to hurt us by giving ammunition to the propaganda paddlers.

Just go away, and stay away and keep your mouth shut.

I was very annoyed when Rhys left, yes the club had its problems but despite that, the club decided to pull him from obscurity and even put HIM on all the posters of the new strip and in all the wee adverts and videos like the one with Sandy Jardine.

I mean how terrible that must have been for him, from nobody to on posters everywhere advertising the club he 'supports and plays for'

I really wished we had just choose someone like big Jig, he was never going to leave.

Ah well Rhys I look forward to hearing about your wonderful achievements at Shef Wed, their champions league progress, your player of the year awards, oh wait none of this will happen.

:mutley:

I have no time for silly reasons, ill concentrate on the people who stayed to help my club.

This "no communication" stuff it utter shite, the club had much bigger issues to deal with than explaining a fairly basic process to a bunch of footballers. Their agents or they could have been banging down the office doors at Ibrox demanding meetings anyway if things were bothering them that much.

TUPE brought no risk to the players in that they got paid the exact same salary as before and they could put in transfer requests without Rangers being able to afford holding out for millions.

Why, oh why do these people have threads started about them here?

I care nought for their whining excuses.

Just fuck off and never darken our door again. Rangers fan my arse.

Sincere apologies - I meant to "approve" not "disapprove" and pressed the wrong key! Sorry!!