Charles Green one mistake

BEARGER

You still have to wonder why we lost such a big lead so quickly ... not to mention the 4 cup exits

When did we start to lose that lead? When did we get put out those cups? When everyone was talking about admin and that we might have to sell players etc.

Thats when we started losing these games.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally McCoist is wanna the only true Rangers left at the club. He's invested his own dough, went toe to toe with the SFA & the other fannies to protect whats left of Rangers reputation & past titles. Through all the turmoil, stood firm & loyal to Rangers & the fans. So noo! efter a couple of pish results a minority of 'fair weather supporters' want to dump him. Well! shame on you! :dry:

When did we start to lose that lead? When did we get put out those cups? When everyone was talking about admin and that we might have to sell players etc.

I'm not sure that's true the European exits were very early as was at least one of the domestic cups. I can't remember when we stopped picking up league points but I don't think it was long before the turn of the year

We saw in flashes last season the way i think we should play and the way i believe Ally would have us play every game if he could, almost a year ago the 4-2 game against the scum, the 3-0 against Motherwell, the first 70m of the 3-2 at Ibrox when we stopped the scum getting the league. I just think hes not got the confidence to try and play like that more, obviously we couldnt play like that every game even if we tried as players are never going to be in top form all the time, but its a blueprint for how we should try and play, fast attacking football, passing to feet and with lively wide players like Naismith and Aluko, if we can find some. I dont believe we are that far away from being able to find that kind of form but confidence is huge in football and we are lacking it at the moment.

Ally McCoist is wanna the only true Rangers left at the club. He's invested his own dough, went toe to toe with the SFA & the other fannies to protect whats left of Rangers reputation & past titles. Through all the turmoil, stood firm & loyal to Rangers & the fans. So noo! efter a couple of pish results a minority of 'fair weather supporters' want to dump him. Well! shame on you! :dry:

I want Ally to succeed the same as everybody else. Just asking the question that if these performances continue how long will CG give him, managers stand on team performances not on what they have invested in the club. Let's hope he gets it right, should never be a problem in div 3.

I want Ally to succeed the same as everybody else. Just asking the question that if these performances continue how long will CG give him, managers stand on team performances not on what they have invested in the club. Let's hope he gets it right, should never be a problem in div 3.

If we want him to build a passing team he will need a couple of years! We will still win the league by a country mile, if we want to change our style of play and play with several youngsters we will have to put up with inconsistency, especially away from home!

We were knocked out of 3 cups by mid September, a full 7 months before administration.

Only tims were taking administration seriously, not one Rangers fan that i know of thought it was possible. It came out of the blue as far as the hastiness of it is concerned. Remember it was not the club who put the wheels in motion. Players were being paid, players were even being signed, no one at the club should have or could have believed it was a possibility until that day in February. I bet it even came as a surprise to Craig Whyte, at that time, the quickness of it.

Anyway, when did anything said outside the dressing room and in newspapers and on online forums ever affect players performances?

The thing is guys love Ally as much as i do, and i think he's a fantastic ambassador for the Gers, but we can't let sentiments, emmotions, call it what you will, get in the way of the fact that what we are seeing at the moment just isn't good enough, some will say it's early doors and all that , but lets be brutally honest here apart from last Saturday's 5-1 victory and the cup result, we have been truely awful and imo it's down to poor tactical decisions/methods, i really do hope Ally gets it right, but i'm not so sure he will.

We were knocked out of 3 cups by mid September, a full 7 months before administration.

Only tims were taking administration seriously, not one Rangers fan that i know of thought it was possible. It came out of the blue as far as the hastiness of it is concerned. Remember it was not the club who put the wheels in motion. Players were being paid, players were even being signed, no one at the club should have or could have believed it was a possibility until that day in February. I bet it even came as a surprise to Craig Whyte, at that time, the quickness of it.

Anyway, when did anything said outside the dressing room and in newspapers and on online forums ever affect players performances?

Appart from anything else surely the threat of administration should make them play well if they will soon be looking for a move

McCoist never got the players he wanted last year because of whyte. So i think we can safely say last year shouldn't be brought up as a reason to sack McCoist.

i would say the mark of a good manager is getting the most out of the players you have at your disposal. Ally has certainly not done that in his 18 months. Dammit, i want him to succeed, but he has been making the same mistakes for 18 fucking months! how many players do you have to shoe-in to unnatural positions before you figure out it aint working?? Walter was not the best role-model for him

Re the OP, I despair! anguish.gif

I despair at performances like today. Fed up saying it, I hope Ally gets it right and goes on to be a great Rangers manager. But he must play guys in correct positions, play a passing game etc.

I despair at performances like today. Fed up saying it, I hope Ally gets it right and goes on to be a great Rangers manager. But he must play guys in correct positions, play a passing game etc.

Didn't realise football was so simple. Wonder why guys get paid millions and millions if this is all you need to do.

You must be awesome on football manager.

Didn't realise football was so simple. Wonder why guys get paid millions and millions if this is all you need to do.

You must be awesome on football manager.

Absolutely brilliant if I say so myself. I think you either have it or not, luckily I just have it.

Some people were wary of Allys cheeky chappy persona from his appointment and all we are seeing now is those fears resurfacing, its not a conspiracy. We and he have had the massive distraction of the off field events marring any genuine ability to judge his performance to date. But the harsh reality is that he is the manager at a club where you are only 3 games away from a crisis and regardless of the pedestal he is on as a guardian and player he will ow be judged on his teams performances. And yes I think the current ownership will be brutal if required.

Er, no.

You must agree that the problems off the park saved his blushes last season even though he had lost a lead in double figures before any of that happened

I think it's often overlooked that we started last season under strength compared to other recent seasons. Whyte failed to get back up for the the forward area, farting about with fees as in the Goodwillie case. Once Naismith was injured, Jelavic went off the boil and it all descended further. We did however rally after another blip when points were deducted for Administration. That too took the wind out of the players.

He had us playing some good stuff for a reasonable period when he had a full front line. People forget that timmy was praying for administration since they needed 10 or more points. Also, that unjustly disallowed, if understandably so, Lee Wallace goal at Hades could have influenced matters positively. After that almost understandable February dip, he did get the squad back together and on to winning ways to clinch second in difficult circumstances.

It's an up and down start to a season where we're still building a squad, let alone a reliable first team. Some players had little or no pre-season and others just don't know each other or are just starting their careers.

It's not good enough yet, but there have been positives at home and away to Falkirk. Some patience is still due since, whilst very disappointing today and once previously, there's absolutely nothing lost, other than 4 points.

More players will come, others will get fitter, gain experience or recover and everyone will get to know how to play together.

No knee jerk reactions are suitable yet or even remotely so. Ally will probably get it right soon enough. Given the unique circumstances and his immense contribution recently and over decades, give the man some time. Be critical where appropriate, but only to the appropriate extent. Let's not shoot ourselves in the foot when so many are gunning for us. Unity is the key because we are stronger together and we really have to be at this most crucial point in our history.

The one where, he raced into a lead by Christmas, then hit some bad form, had to sell our best player without then replacing him, and was then deducted 10 points before entering the hardest few months in the clubs history?

Please remind me.

I think you need to take off you blue SuperAlly tinted glasses tbh.

Granted he has a tough task in assembling a team for the lower leagues but we need players who are willing to chase lost causes Instead of jogging around thinking its ok we will score in a minute because they are playing for Rangers against lesser teams.