Papac Calls It Quits

trueblue68

Sad to see Sasa being forced to retire.

Former Rangers defender Sasa Papac has decided to end his playing career for health reasons.

The 32-year-old Bosnian concluded his six-year stay at the Scottish giants when his contract expired this summer.

He notched up 226 appearances for the Glasgow side after joining from Austria Vienna in 2006.

But he had been sidelined since April 7th with a groin injury and he has now decided to hang up his boots, despite having had some offers to continue.

Papac told Dnevni list: "After long thought I have decided to end my playing career.

"For health reasons I'm no longer able to meet the requirements of professional football.

"I wish all the best to all my former clubs and of course to my national team, which can qualify for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A true Rangers - conducted himself with the class, dignity and poise that we wish so many more would. An inspiration to a generation, and a woefully underrated fullback.

In Sasa we trust :praise:

:lol: I wouldnt quite go that far. Agree with everything else you said though (tu)

A true Rangers - conducted himself with the class, dignity and poise that we wish so many more would. An inspiration to a generation, and a woefully underrated fullback.

In Sasa we trust :praise:

:lol: I wouldnt quite go that far. Agree with everything else you said though (tu)

We need to invite him back to thank him properly for his services. The last game at Ibrox last year was a thank you to everyone, he's managed to keep away from the limelight for his entire Rangers career - he deserves a moment of his own.

God Bless the Papac.