***The Official Rangers v Motherwell Thread***

simplythebest

I see no problem with starting the same 11 as on Sunday, even using the same subs, but have them come on a wee bit earlier.

If the players know they're going to be subbed at half time, maybe they can knock their pan in in the first 45.

This is the LC, and I think it could go to ET as there's no replays in this competition.

If we play like we did in Sunday's second half, we should have this won.

I see a huge problem we were crap in the 1st half it was only after Aird and the subs came on that we started to get into the game we can't afford to spend 45 minutes in that form against Motherwell otherwise we will be hammered.

I hope Little can make it onto the bench at the very least. Knowing we have him as an option will be a good thing.

Argyirou, though he scored an OG was very hard to track and mark by the opposition yesterday and was getting into the box with great ease. That could be a useful route of attack for us.

Argyriou has shown he is never a right winger and should never be played there, I personally would give Aird a chance he gave us that drive going forward when he came on.

533058_Rangers.jpg

Subs--

Scott Gallagher

Emilson Cribari / Sebastian Faure

Kyle Hutton

Robbie Crawford / Kal Naismith

Francesca Sandaza

I'd go with that aswell.

Argyriou has shown he is never a right winger and should never be played there, I personally would give Aird a chance he gave us that drive going forward when he came on.

533058_Rangers.jpg

Subs--

Scott Gallagher

Kyle Hutton

Francesca Sandaza

I would play Faure in place of Perry.

:alexander:

pefaure.pngpeperry.png:Cribari::Wallace:

peargyriou.pngpeblack.png:mcculloch: pemacleod.png

peshiels.png

:Sandaza:

McCulloch is needed in the middle of the park for more dig and control and can also help defensively if need be...

MacLeod on the wing where he started the season mainly will work well again here, just because he played well on Sunday do not let it blind anyone from the task on Wednesday which will be much harder which is why I'd push him out wide.

While Sandaza hasn't played well this season I'd be tempted to start him on Saturday and have McKay move out of the team (Hasn't impressed recently and didn't on Sunday, offers little off the ball and we'll more on Wed)

I'd keep the same team that started on Sunday (tu)

Albeit we could improve in certain areas and the boys that came on in the second half merit a chance, I just feel that we atleast tried to build attacks from the back throughout that game with varying degrees of success and we need to encourage that style of play (tu)

Room for improvment but I think a bit of consistency is needed paticularly among the back 4.

The Board of Motherwell Football Club today (Monday) issued the following brief statement ahead of Wednesday’s match with Rangers.

“The Board, players, staff and fans at Motherwell FC are united behind making the club successful and a positive force for improvement in the Scottish game.

“This week we are excited to be playing a Scottish Communities League Cup fixture against Rangers as both clubs build for the future. All of our focus should be on the field of play and we look forward to what promises to being a great game.

“We are pleased to note both the CEO and Board of Rangers recently said they would welcome our staff and fans and we will extend the same courtesy to all clubs ourselves as we seek to create a welcoming family club.

“The past is done; we now can only influence the future. We are now totally focused on what happens on the field this week. More generally we want to put all our energies into building on the hard work we have done over the last few years to make our club a sustainable success.”

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2012/09/24/statement-from-the-board/

533058_Rangers.jpg

Subs--

Scott Gallagher

Kyle Hutton

Francesca Sandaza

I'd go with this (tu)

:alexander:

pefaure.pngpeperry.png:Cribari::Wallace:

peargyriou.pngpeblack.pngpemacleod.pngpemckay.png

peshiels.png

:mcculloch:

Unless there's any returns from injury no point changing the winning team, would like to see Aird and Crawford start soon but this is probably too big a game for that, and Hutton seems to be out the picture.

We need to attack and get into them, no other thing for it.

Agree with team and we need to be pumped up and start strongly for this one. I predict that the players and Super Ally will be chomping at the bit to rip these feckers apart and send a message to the SPL 'We are coming for you on and off the pitch :crabflute:

2qi5izm.png

I'd go with this tbh. Has a good balance, bring Hutton back into the fold for this one where he played against Man United (IIRC).

Good balance up top with the pace of Shiels and McKay, big Jiggery Pokery up top using his strength and feeding the two beside him.

Aird on for McKay/Shiels after a while.

Cribari doesn't fill me with confidence at the back but oh well.

Thinking a 2-0 win to us, it will be a hard game but I have a good feeling about it.