Brown v Gow

Boabe

Was just looking at some of the stats for this season (source http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk) for Scott Brown and Alan Gow

Assists it has Gow at 9 (no sign of Brown so less than 6)

Shots it has Gow at 4th highest with 33 on target 39 off target and hitting the woodwork 3 times (again no sign of Brown)

Goals in the league Gow 7 Brown 4

Discipline Gow 2 yellows Brown 10 yellows

Cost Gow £0 Brown £4.4m (Im sure wages are far lower as well, doubt Gow will be on £25k a week)

Yet Brown plays for a much better side according to the media. Stats may weel be easy to prove anything but with there only being 3 years between them I think weve got a cracking deal compared with Celtic.

Methinks Brown has drawn the short straw. Alan Gow has a far better chance of being in the Rangers first-team on a regular basis than Scott Brown has of being in the Sellick first-team as Wee Chesney has to keep the likes of Gravesen, Jarosik and Hartley happy, not taking into the consideration that Broony has the mantle of "The New Neil Lennon©" to live up to and will probably spend a good bit of his time suspended anyways.

Was just looking at some of the stats for this season (source http://www.scotprem.premiumtv.co.uk) for Scott Brown and Alan Gow

Assists it has Gow at 9 (no sign of Brown so less than 6)

Shots it has Gow at 4th highest with 33 on target 39 off target and hitting the woodwork 3 times (again no sign of Brown)

Goals in the league Gow 7 Brown 4

Discipline Gow 2 yellows Brown 10 yellows

Cost Gow £0 Brown £4.4m (Im sure wages are far lower as well, doubt Gow will be on £25k a week)

Yet Brown plays for a much better side according to the media. Stats may weel be easy to prove anything but with there only being 3 years between them I think weve got a cracking deal compared with Celtic.

Brown - midfielder

Gow - striker

:Animation44:

To be fair, Jarosik & Graveson will be gone in the summer, so the competition will be less.

Gow & brown play in different positions, so Gow's stats, like assists, will be be greater as he plays in a more advanced position.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ted I B @ May 20 2007, 12:27 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Brown - midfielder

Gow - striker

:Animation44:

gow - midfield! :pipeguy:

was playing off stokes at the start of the season, but he is a natural midfielder

and gow has much more skill than broon!

Gow is a natural striker! Read Danny's thread from today! doh(tu):unsure: :no:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=23894 and my post

Gow is a natural striker! Read Danny's thread from today! doh(tu):unsure: :no:

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=23894 and my post

he started of as a midfielder..not saying he aint a striker, but when he was playing with whoever it was before falkirk he was defenatley a midfielder.

he started of as a midfielder..not saying he aint a striker, but when he was playing with whoever it was before falkirk he was defenatley a midfielder.

Airdrie?

Airdrie? I'm still honestly not convinced but I'll endeavor to find out.

Full name Alan Gow

Date of birth October 9, 1982 (1982-10-09) (age 24)

Place of birth Glasgow, Scotland

Height 180cm

Playing position Midfielder

:pipeguy:

Where is that from?

I do like credible sources

Comparing the two is unfair as they play different positions.

I don't think anyone can say they would rather have Gow than Brown anyway.

I'd rather have Gow for free, than Brown for £4.5mil.

I would , but they do play different positions, or both

I think the fact that the media have made a lot of people believe that this Hibs team is the best thing since sliced bread has helped Brown (and Thomson to an extent) get over inflated price tags.

I'm sorry if you disagree, but this young Hibs team is one of the most over-rated and inconsistent sides I've ever seen.