United Supporters Platform statement.

PRW.

The Unified Supporters Platform calls on the Rangers support to withdraw its financial input to any SPL club by boycotting the next round of the League Cup, to be drawn on 4th October, should our opposition be ANY Scottish Premier League club away from home.

Since the turn of the year, Rangers FC and its supporters have been abused, maligned, derided and disrespected by the supporters and certain hierarchy of SPL member clubs. These cowardly clubs, who decided Rangers were not needed in the SPL, attempted to destroy us when we had reached our lowest ebb.

Unfortunately for them, and to their bitter displeasure, the Rangers survived this trauma. We are stronger than ever and our magnificent history continues unbroken.

Our supporters have waited patiently for apt opportunity to respond to some of the poisoned hatred and unrepentant vitriol directed, both at them and the club, by starving SPL clubs of much-needed cash.

By boycotting this potential fixture the message the support sends out is loud and clear;

“Their hate-filled stance against our club and its support will never be forgotten”.

For once our support must unite like never before to send out this clear message, we have to show we mean business.

This statement has been endorsed by the following:

The Rangers Supporters Assembly

The Rangers Supporters Association

RangersUnite

Rangers Till I Die N.I

Vanguard Bears

Copland Road.org

Blue Heaven

Union Bears

Number One Fanzine

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is one of the best ways to kill off the SPL clubs. Unfortunately, I think some fans will still go. A peaceful picket line at the ground, for those close to it, should help sway those few as well as :cgreen: telling everyone not to (or refusing the tickt allocation)!

Yeah got to admit, id defo back this, if Rangers fans call on it..... I reckon their should be representation from these groups outside the ground though, to make this point heard outside the ground, HENCE costing the club Normal Policing etc.... !!!

It is one of the best ways to kill off the SPL clubs. Unfortunately, I think some fans will still go. A peaceful picket line at the ground, for those close to it, should help sway those few as well as :cgreen: telling everyone not to (or refusing the tickt allocation)!

Tickets would already have been bought by those entering the ground. Stopping them would not make any difference to the club financially.

Makes no sense.

They would gain more 'financial input' from a home match against us. So If they want us to withdraw financial support why dont they call for a boycott of any draw, home or away?

They obviously havent thought this through.

Personally I will be there either way. Once we are back in the SPL, well thats another matter as they get the whole gate receipt.

Just to reiterate, this makes absolutely no sense.

If you wish to boycott because you despise the team and everything they stand for then fair enough.

But dont try and say it is for financial reasons, if you would then go to a cup game at Ibrox against them. They would get the same amount of money from you personally either way.

So we are asking 7000 approx not to go to away game, but its ok to give the haters 50% of a 50000 crowd at Ibrox. Does not make sense IMO.

Exactly.

If it is for financial reasons, makes no sense.

So it is obviously for 'other reasons', which I don't disagree with tbh.

isn't gate money for cup games split 50/50?

57.5/42.5

If your worried about Rangers losing money because of a boycott you can always spend the £25 ticket money in the megastore or buy someone on here, who can't make it because of financial reasons, a ticket for a game at Ibrox

Because they (SPL team) will be lucky to get 4,000 home fans to turnout!!!

Correct. If we are trying to hurt them financially surely the biggest hit is at Ibrox. In fact some of these clubs may hope for an Ibrox tie. Before anyone says this hurts Rangers there are many ways to cover the lost match revenue.

Apart from shellick please. The last thing we need is to take a team still finding its feet to Parkhead with no support. They would sell the tickets anyway and more ad there would be no need for segregation. We would in a roundabout way make them more money.