Has Ian durrant ever forgiven neil Simpson ?

watty.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

aye every morning when he gets up he looks at the scars and thinks what a jolly jester old Simp was.

As the day progresses and the ache from the joint builds Ian will smile to himself and state what a good lad that Simpy is.

In truth Ive no frign idea however if it was me then I would despise the man until I took my final breath.

But thats just me.

Just wondering guys,it happened when I was a wee boy so I didn't see it,but my dad tells me it was brutal and ended durranty's career.so was wondering after all these years is there still bad blood between them ?

Would you?

I know I would never forgive.

My missus says though.. Forgive but never forget. hmm Maybe that's not a bad way to be.

that arsehole simpson was a no mark..............he'd be another unknown fucking sheep shagger from yester year.............a whole career remembered for a brutal act of cowardnice..............even after wee durranty came back, although never the same, he still did more in the remainder of his career and won more honours than that fuckwit simpson.............we sing "he's blue, he's white, he's fucking dynamite" for the simple reason that he was DYNAMITE !!! FUCK NEIL SIMPSON :p20:

I doubt he ever will.

I was there that day, fucking atrocious tackle. I'm still convinced that the Aberdeen players had been told to do a job on our dangerous players ie Durrant, Walters and Coisty as we were playing them in the League cup final a couple of weeks later.

Durrant had been playing out of his skin on the lead up to this game, a truly magnificent player in my book - up there with Laudrup, Gascoigne and Cooper. Just a shame we never saw his full potential.

The highlights are on YouTube - Aberdeen v Rangers 8/10/88

On a lighter note, I wrote off a hired Rover 216 in Stonehaven on the way home!!

The terrible thing for me was that Ian was piggy backed off the field by Phil Boersma with the injured leg dangling.

Many medical people have since said it was the worst thing that could have happened.

Ian was a talent of whom we were truly robbed, albeit he played for us and contributed to to our successes.

Without this injury Ian would have proved himself world class.

Only Ian will know within himself whether he has forgiven or not.

The terrible thing for me was that Ian was piggy backed off the field by Phil Boersma with the injured leg dangling.

Many medical people have since said it was the worst thing that could have happened.

Ian was a talent of whom we were truly robbed, albeit he played for us and contributed to to our successes.

Without this injury Ian would have proved himself world class.

Only Ian will know within himself whether he has forgiven or not.

I wonder if that sub-species of a team didn't have proper first-aid facilities. Or rather they did, but just didn't offer them?

The look on simpsons face as he stamped down on durantys leg was of sheer intent, he set out to damage his leg and damage his career, no doubt. I can't forgive the cunt, how the fuck could duranty. For those younger guys who don't remember him before the injury, he was sheer class, maybe potentially world class and Simpson's aim was to destroy that. Probably jealous he would never have the skill the wee man had. I just hope karma comes back to visit that sheep shagging thug one day

The look on simpsons face as he stamped down on durantys leg was of sheer intent, he set out to damage his leg and damage his career, no doubt. I can't forgive the cunt, how the fuck could duranty. For those younger guys who don't remember him before the injury, he was sheer class, maybe potentially world class and Simpson's aim was to destroy that. Probably jealous he would never have the skill the wee man had. I just hope karma comes back to visit that sheep shagging thug one day

There's one photo that was posted on here recently that I hadn't actually seen before that captures the sheer savagery on that subhuman's face as he tries to end the career of one of Scotland's best natural talents of all time - it's sickening. Even more sickening that he became, and remains, on of their all-time heroes entirely because of said incident.

Proud to say I was at Ibrox for his comeback (reserve) game along with about 48,000 others to welcome him back :praise:

Tackle is fucking disgusting

Absolutely no sport, no scenario in sport, no place, no moment would ever EVER call for a fucking challenge like that

It wasn't needed, that tackle wasn't fucking necessary

I have only seen footage but if my dad and my uncle cant forgive that prick, then I doubt Durranty will have either

Fuck you Simpson ya dirty bastard

Just wondering guys,it happened when I was a wee boy so I didn't see it,but my dad tells me it was brutal and ended durranty's career.so was wondering after all these years is there still bad blood between them ?

Makes me sick to the pit of my stomach even to this day, that and the one that did Mols.

If you listen to Derek Ferguson you could be forgiven for thinking that Durrant should be the one apologising to Simpson. He actually stated live on Radio Scotland that he thought Simpson suffered more than Durrant after the incident. :wanker:

It was one of the most disgraceful assaults I have ever seen on a football pitch and I don't think anyone could blame Durrant if he refuses to forgive him