Our Manager - Ally McCoist

Just home from a 12 hour shift, can't believe we could lose to Stirling Albion. I don't remember Berwick in 67, so this is the worst result in my life. Really want Ally to be a success, but something is way, way wrong. We are stuck with the players we have got now, so if we can't change the players the management has to change. Ally needs help, the so called experienced players are taking the piss, we need to get someone in to kick their arses into next week and beyond. They have signed for Rangers, no matter what league we are in it's probably the greatest honour in their careers. We need someone like Jock Wallace to put the fear of god up them. Get them down to Gullane and beast them. The young lads will come good I'm sure, but they need their elders to fucking get a grip. Jig needs to rip them a new arsehole.

Beast them? Rip the young lads a new arsehole? This isn't Kerrydale Street!

Joking aside what if they just know that we are stuck with them for 2 years? There must be a certain challenge in trying to read someone the riot act that can't be sold or replaced...and knows it. I'm not saying that's the case now but might explain the lack of improvement away from home.

All those muppets calling for Ally's departure – those are the type that would’ve fired Ferguson before manu won the fa cup in 1990. If the total foreign manu board can retain Ferguson during that period, then Rangers can retain McCoist during this period.

:lol:

Do you seriously want to proceed with this comparison? :anguish:

Can't you read,it is saying you can't critisize on here without being branded a taig.Read it again. (tu)

It's sad but the whole forum is like this mate. I think it's due to the fact that there Must be loads of wee kids under the age of say 14-16 who don't really Know about football nor the big bad world yet.

If you dare say something, anything beyond a sentence or two their wee brains can't handle the info and you get neg-rep.... THIS you'd expect from 'them' but not from fellow Gers fans.... it's shocking ... hell even on this one thread it's littered with folk with potty-mouths ripping into fellow fans for saying what they think/feel. Maybe it's time these types were put off the forum for not having the intelligence to listen to and react in a positive grown-up manner and actually partake in debate.... rather than simply writing one liners berating fans who have genuine concern about the direction their team is heading under the present management.

It all seems so infantile.

You folk that keep swearing off at others should take the time to actually READ what your fellow fans are saying rather than behaving like wasters and if they don't agree with the posting then you take the time to answer in a more civilized manner..... merely telling others to get to yonder and calling them all sorts of derogatory names ... isn't intelligent... c'mon, you should be above that... unless you really are around the age of 14.

Totally agree, I always thought we would have a tough time, I didn't expect rugby scores, I didn't expect us to set the grass on fire.....but I do expect improvement, it's not happening, so you have to ask why?

The difficulty is our failings appear to be something the manager should have sorted by now.

I never expected 5-0 every week but I do expect us to build from the back, control the games, move the ball well and play with pace and width.

I don't know how true this is but I've been told the players are away by midday from training. Are we a part time team? Are we serious about improving and having a modern, truly professional attitude to training and match preparation?

McCoist could probably benefit from spending a week at Juventus, Man Utd, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to see how top teams with top coaches prepare for matches.

We appear doomed to perpetuate Scottish failings forever.

Hi guys, long term lurker here but feel I have to contribute to this thread.

All this talk of replacing Ally is nonsense. Granted, the away results, and especially todays are hard to take, but if anyone can get it right, it's McCoist. The players need to do better. Give the guy more time, he'll get it right.

He is one lucky lucky man - he's only still with the team because of all the shit we've been through - ordinarily he would have been shipped out this season.

He's very good at kissing the badge and tapping his temple in a 'I'm-the-wise-head-on-old-shoulders' way though :21:

what a sad desperate bastard :craphead:

After 140 years of success we are flung into the bottom rung against players who will see a game against us a cup final. Added to the fact we have a squad who were patched together in a relatively short period of time. I'd say that's pretty alien for a Rangers player.

It's a cup final for us every week. But the other teams cope with that better than us.

Hi guys, long term lurker here but feel I have to contribute to this thread.

All this talk of replacing Ally is nonsense. Granted, the away results, and especially todays are hard to take, but if anyone can get it right, it's McCoist. The players need to do better. Give the guy more time, he'll get it right.

How much more time. Do we have to wait until we lose another couple of games before something happens? He's been our manager for over a year or something now and i wouldn't say all his results were good.

So how much time does he need. I know he brought us through admin but we can't use this as an excuse to keep him.

No, the man deserves time to turn this around. At least until the end of this Season.

Ofcourse he does,he will win the league with us,some have to take a step back and evaluate his performance over the SEASON.

Fck there were some on here that wanted McCulloch binned last season and now think he is the dogs bollocks.

Beast them? Rip the young lads a new arsehole? This isn't Kerrydale Street!

Joking aside what if they just know that we are stuck with them for 2 years? There must be a certain challenge in trying to read someone the riot act that can't be sold or replaced...and knows it. I'm not saying that's the case now but might explain the lack of improvement away from home.

Probably wasn't the best turn of phrase!!!!!! I don't think the young lads are the problem, its the so called SPL men.

How much more time. Do we have to wait until we lose another couple of games before something happens? He's been our manager for over a year or something now and i wouldn't say all his results were good.

So how much time does he need. I know he brought us through admin but we can't use this as an excuse to keep him.

Ok, last season was regrettable, but the circumstances were extraordinary. During all the uncertainty he stuck by us. As for this season, I was all for blaming Ally until the Motherwell game. That showed me that we have a team with skill and fight. So IMO, it's the players who need to buck up their ideas. They CAN do it, it's just for some reason away from Ibrox, they can't. Once it clicks into place, we will give one team an awful hiding on thbeir own midden.

Ofcourse he does,he will win the league with us,some have to take a step back and evaluate his performance over the SEASON.

Fck there were some on here that wanted McCulloch binned last season and now think he is the dogs bollocks.

Indeed (tu)

What needs to be remembered as well ...is how DID we play under Super when the side still had all they guys who left remembering that they guys were not lowly foreigners nor youngsters.... DID we play real good football under Ally against the spl teams with these better players or not ? I'm thinking not.

Let's see how well this new look side with the new foreign players, youngsters and others gel.... then make a decision cos it might all come good in time.... we're Not going to not win this league.

Add in the 7 cup ties & you've got between a quarter and a third of a season out of the way.

How many managers of clubs in our position have been sacked in British football this season? The post I responded to claimed any other manager would be sacked by now. I don't believe it's true